Cyrus restaurant reopening

Just read the restaurant will reopen in September in Geyserville. Yeah!

Keane?

Still my favorite dessert ever - the mille feuille - and the first time I ever tried a wine more than 10 years old (85 Lauren glen).

Keane? Yes

1 Like

Yes, Cyrus has been open for a few months now and my wife and I went last month. The restaurant is only open four days per week. They only do 48 or 36 covers each night (can’t remember, I think it is now 48). There are four seatings and there are 12 people per seating. You start in the front room with canapes and champagne/cocktails (we brought a 1985 Krug so had that). You can order extra’s here. There’s a caviar option. Then after about an hour you move into the kitchen to a U shaped bar area at one end of the kitchen. Here the Chef talks and the next set of courses are prepared (some in front of you). This session is interactive and quite a good time. You are invited to walk around the kitchen (which is fairly large) and ask questions/look at things. There’s a separate building for the pastry Chef and where they do the dishwashing. They were cleaning and polishing the glasses and had a Bar Maid GP-100 (I so want one of these now). After about an hour you then move on to the dinning room where the main courses are presented along with deserts and you get to see the “chocolate wall”.

Overall a very nice experience and the food was delish. The restaurant is in downtown geyserville just across the train tracks with a really long driveway (the building used to be a sunsweet prune packing plant). My wife and I stay at an AirBnB about 2 blocks away and walked to the restaurant.

2 Likes