Business Dinner in Boston?

I have a last minute business dinner in Boston this coming Monday. 5 of us, preferably in the Seaport area. Someplace not challenging, but good food, decent wine a plus, and not too noisy. I don’t know Boston at all, and none of the recommendations I found on other threads seemed to fit the bill. Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Ocean Prime is where I do all of my dinners

1 Like

Can’t say this is an enthusiastic recommendation. However it was fine for a closing dinner earlier this year. It is open on Mondays.

1 Like

I might be able to steer them towards Northend if there’s something good.

Looks like a good backup plan. The menu and wine list are a little more interesting and better priced than Ocean Prime.

Anyone have thoughts of Chickadee?

There’s not many great quiet places in Seaport. I’ve done Troquet for dinner for people that like wine as well. Do they work in seaport or live there, is that what’s driving it?

We all work for State Street, and several will be in the office prior. The out of towners are staying at the Intercon. My boss asked me, the foodie, to choose a place in Seaport, but I can push the envelope if there’s a good option. A few like wine, but I’m the only truly serious one.

been a while and don’t recall noise level

got it. i live in seaport so was just curious about the location. serafina just opened in the old babbo spot but other than that, it’s all chains as you probably know already.

The seaport is hit or miss no matter where you try. It’s awkward and going through puberty with rapid growth, lack of staff, moving median of tastes, etc.

That being said, Chickadee was as advertised when I was there for early dinner/drinks about 9 months ago. It’s got a solid local pedgree so that trumps chains for me.

If at all possible, go to select oyster in the back bay.

Boston is small so getting there won’t be bad on a holiday Monday. We enjoy that place a lot so it may fit for calibration

Also, K_F_o_l_e_y , I’m sure he’ll have insight and this thread is a bit off the beaten path.

First choice would be Troquet, but I believe they are closed on Mondays. Mooo (terrible name) is a nice restaurant for business dinners. It is the first floor of Fifteen Beacon Hotel near the state house. Another choice might be N0. 9 Park. Boston is small and easy to uber around in.

Thanks, Peter. Chickadee is booked, unfortunately and this group would not like Select Oyster’s almost 100% seafood focus (though I have it marked for future visits!)

Kevin prefers not to speak to me, so I’ll respect his choice and won’t reach out.

Thanks, Merrill. Mooo looks less corporate and more appealing than the others. I think that’s our leading contender.

Apologies to both, just a casual reader passing through. I have no intentions to stoke any flames.

For me, the seaport is more of a place where you can enjoy a flashy meal in a busy yet pleasant environment. It can be plenty of fun so enjoy the ride, and if you see something you like, go ahead and grab it.

There are some gems. Lucky’s lounge is still around and a solid, local spot for an after dinner bar.

Not in the seaport, but Ostra is extremely strong, albeit pricey. Monkfish was the best ever, and plenty of more upscale options. Currently my favorite in Boston.

Wine list is on line and while the markup isn’t low, you can always get 2019 Huet sec for $110-$120 a bottle.

Let us know what you choose.

There’s a mooo in seaport now but it’s more expensive than ocean prime

Row 34 is loud, but really excellent seafood. If you want the North End, Prezza and Mama Maria’s are solid choices.

Been ages, but Prezza had some attrractively priced Northern Rhones.

ETA No longer, but the wine list is on line.

I talked my boss into Select Oyster. He loves seafood, so it wasn’t too hard. There’s a steak on the menu for the meat lovers.

Thanks everyone! Since I now work for a Boston-based company, I imagine I’ll have many opportunities to check out the other places.