Lyon lunch suggestion

We’re off to Lyon from Nice. We’ll be eating well in Lyon Wednesday through Friday, so we’re looking for something lighter, fresh, seafood or other for this Saturday, June 4, 2022 lunch in the 2nd arr. for four of us. We will have been to Le Supreme, Burgundy by Matthieu and Le Bouchon des filles. Surprisingly, the wine list isn’t so much our concern for Saturday. We’d prefer sit down inside or out, not take away. One of our possibilities is Bouchon Bat-d’Argent. Any thoughts on that or others? We hope to visit a couple wine shops while there: Antic, Malleval, Recoltant-Manipulat and Maison Malleval.

Laska, Micro Sillon, or PRaiRial.

1 Like

Thanks Patrick!!

We quite liked Buchon L’acteur right next to the theatre. Ate there three lunches in a row last summer at the one to two person operation. Hopefully you will visit Antic Wine while you’re in town!

I’ll throw in Les Aldrets for delicious Lyonnaise foods. A great recommendation to us by Corinne Jamet (of Dom. Jamet).

http://les-adrets.com

Thanks Dan and Ramon!

One of my favorite lunches is grazing fresh shellfish at Maison Rousseau in Les Halles de Paul Bocuse.

I was also going to recommend Les Halles for variety unless you wanted a more quiet, relaxing environment.

A few steps from Les Adrets is Le boeuf d’argent: https://www.restaurantleboeufdargent.com/

We ate shortly before Covid shut things down, and it was wonderful for lunch

We are headed to Les Halles. Last night we ate at Le Supreme. The service, wine pairing (including from a 2005 CDP magnum), food was superb. They could not have been more friendly and attentive. And the price for what you get is so reasonable.

We made a visit to Les Halles de Lyon Paul Bocuse. This is a very impressive collection of restaurants, fine food purveyors, seafood bars and a wine shop. This is a mandatory place to visit in my mind. I particularly like the lunchtime ideas mentioned above, so that’s what we are going to do. Maison Rousseau seems to be closed for now, so we’re going to try Chez Antonin. Frankly, there are many wonderful looking establishments where you can’t go wrong. Food heaven there.

A couple more results from our recent trip to Lyon. Burgundy by Matthieu was a solid recommendation. We loved it and it is on our repeat list. Vico Pizzzza is off the charts good pizza. We had many different pizzas over the months in Nice and Italy and this bested them. Antoinette Pain & Brioche is a lovely bakery (coffee store around the corner to bring your brioche is Comme a la Maison). A visit to Bernachon chocolate was worthwhile. Antic Wine shop is a must visit. The cellar selection is really something, although, rightly so, they may only sell you one bottle of particular selections.