Havana, Bar Harbor Maine

IIRC, my first post on this forum. I’m ITB.

I’ve never been to this restaurant. I’m doing a mini Maine road trip in a few weeks, asked my wholesaler to ask her sales rep there for recommendations in Bar Harbor. Havana came up. Never heard of the restaurant (far from where I live in Maine). I just looked at their wine list on line. It’s spectacular (from a brief perusal, they have one of my wines, by the magnum). Vast selection, extremely reasonable prices by restaurant standards, lots of geeky stuff, really something for everybody.

I’ve got one night in Bar Harbor on this trip, probably won’t go there, but am interested in heading up there with a Posse of Geeks at some point. Plenty of stuff with bottle age, lots of half bottles. Two extremely random things I noticed (it would take hours to study the list):
2014 Jobard Genevrieres - $259
2010 Pommard Dubreuil-Fontaine - $95

Dan Kravitz

We were in Bar Harbor for 3-4 days last summer. I did notice the wine list at Havana after we arrived, unfortunately we could not score a reservation during our stay.

Our best meal was at The Veranda at the Balance Rock Inn. Galyn’s was quite meh, also Arborvine in Blue Hill was not worth the (considerable) trip. For these two think boilerplate starch and veggies with different proteins swapped onto the plate. Decent enough quality, but underwhelming. The Atlantic Brewpub had good pub food - Kraage chicken, tasty sandwiches, no wine to speak of naturally.

Hell of a list and on my list next time we are there. It’s been a minute since I’ve been there–but our best was Islesford Dock Restaurant. Martha Stewart came in and was seated next to us.