Any good wineries or wine shops near Lancaster, PA?

Looking for a good wine experience in my area, but not a fan of the sugar juice that most of the local wineries serve. I really like Cabernet and am fairly new to wine, so any advice/recommendation is appreciated.

Lived here all my life. You have 2 options: move or ship it in from elsewhere.

Fortunately, you have superb vegetables, dairy, pork, lamb and chickens. Look elsewhere for your wine.

1 Like

Missed April Fools by 3 weeks.
I don’t even think there is a decent FWGS store within 50 miles. DE/MD could be your savior.

Like Tom said, Lancaster is not a hotbed of wine stores due to PA laws. Looking at PA LCB site, two stores are marked as “Premium Collection” if you are looking for something specific.
Food wise, try Bistro Barbaret which is good for french food. It is through the bakery in the back (reservations probably needed)

SHOPPES AT BELMONT
1565 Fruitville Pike
Lancaster

Then north of Lancaster if you are near Lititz there is this store. Litiz has a micro distillery and a good butcher that serves food - Rooster Street Butcher. Steak and frites rocks. Choose your steak. Menu

SHOPPES AT KISSEL VLG
1036 LITITZ PIKE
LITITZ, PA 17543-9328

Not true. I don’t know the Lancaster shops, but the main Harrisburg FWGS is ok and the Lemoyne store, as has been pointed out by other before, is quite good.

I would also check out the Lancaster Wegman’s. I don’t know the selection, but the Harrisburg Wegman’s has things like Willi Schaefer which PLCB doesn’t carry.

And while Lancaster isn’t a paradise for wine, you can buy DRC below retail at the Gibraltar Grille.

I wish south central PA had better wine options, but they are a lot better than the north central PA options!

There is a fantastic Indian restaurant in Lemoyne that permits BYO. Does that count for anything?

Which one?

What about the Italian place you just went to?

Nalan. It’s south Indian. My friends who hail from that region say it’s the best they’ve encountered outside India. The food they order for us is excellent.

1 Like

Luca. It’s good not great, and a little inconsistent. But it’s solid and fun and the chef is a wine lover.

Any other recommendations for Lancaster? Going to be there for 2 nights with our kid. Figure we’ll go to Luca one night and bring wine. Any other places that are kid friendly with outdoor dining options? Perhaps where I can bring wine and pay corkage?

Bistro Barbaret is a good French restaurant. Barberet - 26 East King Street
If you can, save room for dessert.