Seeking recommendations in and around Assisi

My family and I (wife + two young kids of 1 and 3) will be spending 4 days in Assisi in December, so I am looking for recommendations for things to do. I have a rough idea of daytime activities in Assisi and surrounding towns, although if you have suggestions I am all ears. I am specifically looking for 1) restaurant recommendations that are conducive to young children but are also gastronomically stimulating, 2) producers to seek in stores and/or that might sell direct at the winery, 3) wine retailers to load up at before we head back north.

[thankyou.gif]

This suggestion is strictly on wines and wineries and a fun one, for the adult winegeeks.

The town of Montefalco is only 35 minutes drive from Assisi. Montefalco is the wine hub in the region. 2 visits we did when we last visited: Paolo Bea and Arnaldo Caprai. Both require appointments.

1 Like

1 Like

Of course, as for the children, I can assume that they’d enjoy the town of Perugia, one of the largest in the region and only 30 minutes drive from Assisi. A tour of the chocolate manufacturer and a good meal at many good restaurants in the medieval town itself can satisfy the family.

1 Like

Le Mandrie di San Paolo

One of the best meals we’ve had was at Osteria Eat Out in Assisi. It’s part of the Nun Assisi hotel. And the spa at the Nun Assisi is incredible but not suited to children.

For wine, a short drive in Spello, Roberto and his children run Enoteca Propezio - you can schedule a lunch, very casual, and they have an incredible selection of Italian wines from. Nearly every region in Italy.

1 Like