Cote NYC

Thinking of eating at Cote NYC during my visit to New York at the end of the year. Their Butchers Feast seems like the way to go, but wondering if it is generally “enough” food. $58pp for four cuts of meat, including American wagyu almost seems too good to be true

Wine list also looks quite reasonable

I consider myself a medium to low volume eater. Nope, that $58 meal did not do it for me. I recall that there were extras to order with that fixed-price servings that will drive up your costs.

1 Like

David,

This probably won’t work for you, but I wanted to give a shout out to Prime & Beyond in Fort Lee NJ. Similar quality of meat, BYO no corkage. A friend’s college buddy is the chef/owner.

Have been to cote a few times, between butcher feast and the very well (180 day of longer often) aged meat by ounce options I never leave hungry.

Great service, food and wine list, make sure to visit downstairs as well.

1 Like

You’ll definitely pay a pretty penny. But you also won’t feel ripped off. It’s excellent. Special occasion type of place for me. But always look forward to going.

Can you elaborate? Are you suggesting the Butcher’s Feast ($64pp) generally isn’t enough food? I was thinking an appetizer and/or salad or two to start and Butcher’s Feast for 2 actually seems like a relative bargain for high end NYC dining

Nope, not suggesting the Butcher’s Feast isn’t enough food at all, nor is the price. But I usually order a la carte, so my bills are higher. And I have no problem paying it, for the meal is always excellent. Someone here suggested that $164 per person was high. Depending on your situation, it certainly can be, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth it, for me at least.

They have too many side dishes tbh. The meat is great tho. It gets pretty rowdy in there as far as noise volume goes as well. We dined pre-pandemic… so maybe it’s different now.

Really want to dine there next month when my wife and I are in town celebrating both our 40th bdays. When I inquired about reservations, however, they told me that parties of two have two seating options - 5pm or 10:30pm. Apparently their grill top tables are best suited for larger parties.

The tables are set up like U shaped booths. You end up sitting in the same tables as a party of 6-8 may use.

Those steaks look great on the website. Seems very reasonably priced for lunch.

I’m guessing this trip didn’t happen?

Cote is so so so wonderful.

It did, but we passed on Cote because we didn’t want to eat dinner at 5pm or 1030pm (the only times available for party of 2)

Yea, it is like that… Cote is significantly better, but the more elusive Bohemian is good for a party of 2 since it’s a small space. You only get into the restaurant if you get referred by someone who has dined there before.