Lisbon advice.

I will be in Lisbon with a colleague on a short business trip. My colleague is vegetarian and not much bothered about food but I would like to be able to eat with him and eat reasonably well. Does anyone have any recommendations for vegetarian restaurants in Lisbon? Also will have some limited time to look around. What are the best museums?

I’m sure you will get restaurant recommends from others, but I would highly recommend you to go to bakery/coffeeshop Pastéis de Belém and have some of their famous Pastel de Nata. Insanely good little custard tarts that are like crack cocaine. The Nata’s are everywhere in Portugal, but this shop probably makes the best ones.

Overall, the pastries and baked goods are excellent in Portugal. I really enjoy their little seafood-croquettes de Bacalhau, wonderful snack.
rbgkye.jpg

Here you go.

http://www.osgazeteiros.pt

1 Like

I just saw this so might be late, but os gazeteiros is sadly closed. Thankfully, it was replaced by another great restaurant called Sem, not vegetarian only, but given notice I am sure they will be able to do it. You also have Senhor Uva and Arkhe as vegetarian-only places. I would definitely recommend Arkhe. Senhor Uva is great as well, but a bit more of a wine bar vibe. Not focusing solely on vegetarian options, but with some available, Prado is another great option.

1 Like