One night in San Francisco

We are finishing up an October trip to Napa with a short stay in San Francisco - recommendations for dinner for one night? No price constraints, no particular cuisine constraints other than a menu which includes some (cooked) fish/seafood options. We will be staying at the St. Regis and would prefer something that is within a 15-20 minute drive from the hotel. I have read the past threads on SF dining, but wanted to see if there was anything new and great.

1 Like

Not sure if it’s open or not…but Gary Danko’s was very enjoyable last time we were there… http://garydanko.com

1 Like

I strongly recommend Benu, which is next door to your hotel and my favorite restaurant in the entire Bay Area. There’s a single tasting menu with no options, and will be primarily seafood with an Asian character. There wasn’t anything raw the last time I went, but it’s worth checking with them if that’s something you specifically wish to avoid

Other possibilities: Rich Table (heavier, stronger flavors), Kokkari Estatorio (Greek, very clean, very well executed), Mourad (Middle Eastern, great for sharing, great wine list)

All the above have reopened :slight_smile:

1 Like

rich table is still around? i wasnt impressed in 2013.

personally, id go to nopa if i had one night in san francisco.

Not open- maybe back in August.

I liked rich table the last time I was there,
My Lyft back to the hotel got in an accident like 30 seconds after I got in though; had to grab a different one.

With no price constraints I would also second Benu. Walking distance from St Regis as well. Maybe concierge can get you in if you if they are booked. Sorry just saw original post was from 3 weeks ago.

Atelier Crenn, Dominique Crenn’s restaurant. Besides being a cancer survivor she has incredible food and energy.

Close to St. Regis + seafood = Angler, Saison’s more casual, seafood restaurant. Excellent wine list as well. Otherwise, The Anchovy Bar from the State Bird/The Morris team is good for seafood options as well, but a little further away.

100% agree with Benu, hands down. Atelier Crenn would be my second choice.