Key West—anniversary in late June

36 years since I tricked HRH into saying, “I does.”
Staying at Old Town Manor (an old fave) for just two nights.
Dinners at Little Pearl and Hot Tin Roof.
Probably one lunch at Bo’s and some sunning and snorkeling at the fort.

We know the island pretty well but it’s been two years. Am I missing something?

Congratulations, Scott! I’m a KW old timer, so I’m not sure I’d be if much help, but 36 is amazing

It’s a regular sized bottle—it’s just a small world after all.
Happy Anniversary HRH—celebrating 36 years of mutual toleration.[:D]

Little Pearl for dinner last night (quite good btw).
Hot Tin Roof tonight.

We’ve ticked most of the KW boxes
(Fish dip, conch fritters, Cuban coffee, Papa Doble at Sloppy Joe’s, buying a tacky trinket, fave lunch spot, chase the chickens, stand in front of the Truman House and yell THE BUCK STOPS HERE…)
Still need a slice of pie but there’s always breakfast tomorrow.

I’ll report on the dinner at Hot Tin Roof

Congrats on 36. Well done!

Congrats on 36, Scott. Have you checked out the Dry Tortugas? (75 mi west of Key West)

Next visit I want to do the seaplane to DT

and btw, Hot Tin Roof was “ok”
Decent flavors, but clumsy knife work/plating.
Mediocre service.
Dreadful wine list, but $20 corkage, which they waived for our anniversary.
SPECTACULAR views of Sunset Key.
No cruise ships thankfully

1 Like

Scott,
Best wishes on your anniversary. 1985 was a great year for Champagne, Burgundy, Port and a pretty good year in Bordeaux and Napa. Hope you enjoy(ed) your trip. Been a while since I went to Key West, besides Fantasy Fest, diving, and the green flash, you probably didnt miss much in 2 years.

I’ll jump in as we’ve been in Key West for a handful of days now. It’s a drunk white trash paradise. I mean that in an ok sort of way.

Tiger Bar is a fantastic place to eat. Period. Great flavors on a small menu.

Seaside cafe at the Mansion has Poke plaintain cups that are some of the best little morsels I have ever ingested. Been twice so far. Maybe once more before we go to Marathon (I hope).

Hot Tin Roof and Santiago’s Bodega are good. Azur is better.

Corner Sandwich shop is amazing.

We have resos for Little Pearl, but may cancel to go back to Tiger Bar.

Congratulations on the anniversary!

In Marathon, Keys Fisheries, Castaway, Brutus, and Taqueria La Palapa are all solid.

None are easy on the eye.

In Marathon I’m adding Burdines Waterfront. Think of it as bar food with zeal. The fact that it is essentially a shack located on top of a fuel dock makes the romance all that more special.

Heading back to Castaway tonight for round two. The Lion fish sushi dish is solid.

And for all my Oregon friends, Marathon is island Willamina…

Congratulations

Little Pearl blows away Hot Tin

Cracked Conch is pretty good too. Brutus too.

Tiger Bar blows away Little Pearl. [berserker.gif]

I’ll try it in June’ [thankyou.gif]

1 Like

We went to the Tiger bar three times all told. Small dishes, just order the whole menu. Champagne bar under the same roof if you are so inclined to have bubbles too.

And we’re taking the boat back to KW for February, so will eat there some more too I am sure. Will check some other spots out as well. Stay tuned!

I’m actually from KW, grew up there and all my friends still remain. Little Palm Island sunday brunch is always special and a favorite. Little Pearl is also great. PM me for what you are looking for and I’ll see if i can help

1 Like

btw
This thread was for LAST summer.
[snort.gif]
(But we go every year—easy drive from PBC)

1 Like

My wife and kids tell me to check the threads for eats before we go places. It’s a tremendous feature.