Quebec CIty Summer 2021

Anyone traveled recently here? Planning on swinging by in mid August. Suggestions welcomed. champagne.gif

The border is still closed for non-essential travel, plus 14-day quarantines are required for anyone coming into the country. That may change by August, but if you book anything, ensure it can be cancelled with no penalty.

1 Like

Last time I was there we had a great meal at Restaurant Le St Amour, and they’ve been pelting me with emails since COVID. I wish I could return and support them, hopefully not too much longer.

Thanks, it is a driving trip so can always stay in Maine…

I am clueless about Quebec City. So very little help… but, popular recommendations from local food and/or wine enthusiasts are:
Le Clocher Penché, Le Quarante 7, Patente et Machin, Bistro B, Battuto, Le Petit Creux, L’Affaire est Ketchup, Albacore, Kraken Cru, Chez Muffy, etc.

And then the classics: Tanière, Laurie-Raphaël, La Planque, Le Continental, Le Saint-Amour and Champlain.

Googling those should give you a good list to start from.

If however you plan on visiting Montreal, I can definitely help with personal recommendations this time.

We did Montreal/Quebec City driving trip three years ago, so I’d imagine much has changed. Montmorency Falls and Cassis Monna on I’lle d’Orleans were memerable. Chez Muffy was good but not as good as Pearl Morissette or some places in Montreal. We stayed here, which was a perfect location: https://royaldalhousie.com/en/

I asked my wife, a Québécoise, to pitch in here!

Here’s her favorite resource from a local food writer, and wow, these spots look good:

She always talks about this place too, about an hour out from Quebec city:

Can’t wait to go back. Let us know if you find amazing spots!
Cheers,
Greg & Mélissa

About two or three years ago Chez Muffy was excellent (top wine service too, unlike Le St Amour). Overall best of our three dinners.

Le St Amour was good but overall experience not quite as good as they think they are (food very good to excellent, service a tad on the arrogant side). Maybe our expectations were too high.

I suffer from looking for the total package in a restaurant not just great food.

There’s a tourist trap offering ‘traditional fare’, I forget it’s name I’d have to look it up. AVOID.

There’s another QC thread here somewhere I think, check that, see if it’s been updated.

Richard, was it Lapin Saute? Beneath meh, IIRC. The other one that comes to mind is Aux Anciens Canadiens, from which someone steered us away.