Best spot for 2-3 days Napa (lodging) in April

A buddy is going in April and asked me. I am clueless as it’s been some time.
Thanks

Best is so subjective . What area in Napa County?

He is not even sure where to start, and neither do I. Just seeking reccos to run with.

Big fan of https://winecountryinn.com/ , at least pre-Covid.

In St. Helena.

2 Likes

Thanks Bruce.

Anywhere in Yountville. All the restaurants you could want. Centrally located and you can still get an Uber there pretty easily. It gets a lot harder the further upvalley you go.

Agreed on Yountville for all those reasons. If staying in Yountville we normally stay at The Vintage House, very nice and centrally located without breaking the bank too bad.
When going to Sonoma/Napa with larger groups (3-6 couples) we normally do VRBO and get a larger house.
We are taking the whole family next week (12 total) and we rented Casa Sabastiani of the Sabastiani wine family.

+1 for Wine Country Inn

^^ This. Walking to/from dinner is invaluable. Walking to Bouchon bakery every morning is priceless.

Also agree with Yountville.

Definitely this! There is a chain of inns call the Four Sisters that has a couple places in Yountville. I’ve stayed at the Lavender Inn and, while overpriced, it was nice.

Has anyone ever stayed at Napa Valley Lodge? We typically stay at hotel Yountville or Villagio, but both are quite pricey in July.

Vintage House is our favorite, but we encountered same pricing issues in June, which ‘forced’ us into Napa Valley Lodge. NVL was about 60% of VH all in. First world problem!

Stayed there once before in 2018 with no issues or concerns. Our only downside was the longer walks to Bouchon for breakfast and everywhere else for dinner. As a fellow Texan, I can assure you the A/C works just fine in July.

1 Like

Stayed in Napa Valley Lodge several times. It is perfectly fine. It’s a hotel that has been converted. If the price is right, it is a fine place to stay. The staff has been very helpful more than once. Four Sisters is nice as is Villagio and Vintage Inn.

Yes. It’s a nice place to stay. Probably the best bang for the buck in Yountville.

1 Like