Herbfarm? Woodinville WA

This place came up in some random wine-searcher searches and I started exploring the list that they have for sale. Is this place legit? If so, how do we not hear more about this wine list? It’s pretty awesome!

Legit. I’ll let others comment on other wine regions but they have a great cellar of aged Oregon Pinot and Chardonnay. Always have. There have been one or two threads on it in the past. But they never really offered it for general sale before the pandemic. This is the restaurant wine list. If you were a customer you could buy directly in the past I think.

In normal operation they were (very expensive) prix fixe ONLY and it included wine pairing.
So they rarely sold wine by the bottle. The night we were there I think we were the only ones ordering off the list.
Pairings were okay, not great. I’m sure they maximized profits. Think Trevari sparking wine. The night we were there there was a custom bottled Pinot from Patty Green that was very solid. But nothing like drinking a 20 year old Eyrie or Evesham Wood.

It’s legit and the wines are in general in very good condition. My friends and I have bought & drunk all manner of stuff from them, including 1969 Leroy Meursault Perrieres and 1978 Petrus and it’s all shown brilliantly. Prices can be high but certain things are good value

This was my experience. Haven’t been back in a COVID world, but reputation of the restaurant itself is stellar. Can be a little over the top when you’re getting introduced to every single employee in the back of the house, but food has always been fantastic. We got a little extra attention one time because we were seated with Emily Wines and her mother at Christmas, but the pairings have never been mind-blowing.

One of my favorite long weekend getaways is to fly into Seatac, rent a car, stay a couple of nights at the Willows Lodge and have dinner at the Herbfarm. Lunch and beer at the Redhook Brewery, walk-around tastings wines, taste some whiskey at the Woodinville Whiskey distillery… All within walking distance from each other. Moderation is a requirement…but fun nonetheless.

Redhook is long gone… but I believe DeLille opened there.

Noooooo!!! [cry.gif]