Need A Driver In Ireland

In either Feb. or March my Rugby group plan on going to Dublin to see a Six Nations Tour match. This time we’d like to hire a driver to take us from Dublin to Belfast and points of interest in between. I understand people hire drivers to take them all the way around the Ireland. Has anyone here done it and willing to make a recommendation?

I don’t have a specific recommendation, but make your reservations early. At least pre-pandemic, I tried to get a driver a few months in advance and was told they were sold out.

We used Martin Hurley and we were pleased. Very experienced. But you will need to figure out what you want to visit. His telephone is +353 (0) 872833436

Thank you!

I’ll check with my wife. She and her friends loved their driver

My wife and friends used paddyosullivan95@yahoo.com (not too Irish, eh), who is a remote cousin of one of the friends. My wife said he was great. I hope that the planning and trip go well

Thank you. We’ve looked into match tickets and they’re not on sale. It appears the schedule hasn’t been set. It will be interesting to see what the social distancing requirements will be in Feb./March timeframe. I’m assuming we have a C-19 vaccine by then.

Maybe, but I’m not sure it would be available to anyone but medical professionals and old farts by then

Rugby? That’s an English sport, so said our polish taxi driver in Cork.
BTW, you’re quite the optimist.

A lot of Poles in Ireland these days. Didn’t find them to be very well informed. Not surprising though, it’s not their country.

At this point nobody really knows if the Six Nations Tour will start on time or what the stadium capacity will look like in 2021. They’re doing experiments throughout Europe right now with Soccer crowds. We know tickets will be hard to come by, so we may have to go the scalpers route. Last time we were in Dublin we also caught an Gaelic Football match at Croke Park. What a hoot… super entertaining and a really fast paced game.

We’re fine with watching the match from a Dublin pub. This is really just an excuse for the guys to get away, eat well and have some fun.

My boss sits in Dublin, he is a huge Rugby fan as well. I will get some recs

Thanks, I appreciate it. [cheers.gif]