Newark Airport

Newark airport is terrible. It’s the ‘Newark’ of airports.

• Jeffrey Ross

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

Hey, at least it is not the Kansas City airport

I’ve been through a lot of airports and its not the worst…

La Guardia under construction is horrible

It’s an absolute disaster. Took me longer to get out of LaGuardia then it did to fly there from Chicago. Massive gridlock everywhere.

George

I hated Newark when it was a soul-sucking, drab Midway-esque bus depot, and I think I hate it more now that the exhausting new concourse has opened.

LaGuardia preconstruction was horrible

La Guardia The Worst Period!

Last year the construction traffic was so bad we got out of the car dropping us off about 1/4 mile from the airport on one of the ramps and walked.

Newark? The self service ordering for food sucks. Can’t I just say “I’ll have beer, please”

Seriously, newark is really not bad in comparison to a lot of airports, particularly those in the tri-state area.

Newark has easy access but one of the scariest moments I can recall was being there during a complete power failure sitting in total darkness as the natives got very restless.

Laguardia premier club reconstruction was like Kansas City general admission.

I agree. I have flown airports all the way down the East coast and a few on the West coast. Newark is one of my preferred airports to leave from. Not sure why the hate???

The inside is quite nice now, lots of room to sit and many food/beverage options.

Getting through security in certain terminals can be ugly, the ones in the narrow hallways, but after that… not bad.

I primarily live in Terminal C and agree that Terminal A can be a bit underwhelming and challenging. C on the other hand, has really turned into a nice experience. I’m never in security for more than 10 minutes, tons of places to eat, charge up electronics etc.

Yes…I like Newark. Terminal C has its annoyances (not much regular seating, lots of high barstool type things…annoying with kids) but it’s bright and even on Christmas and spring break weeks lines aren’t too bad.

Back in the day, I loved flying the shuttle out of the Marine Terminal @LaGuardia. The main bldg has always been awful, inside and out.

National in DC is about the nicest and most convenient airport I have used. Can get crowded because, well, it’s really nice and people use it a lot

Yup

I used to go back and forth to Boston a bunch and loved the marine terminal and the shuttle. So easy and user friendly.

I’ve never had hatred for Newark. Although I’ve seen massive security lines at times.

Picked up my wife at EWR yesterday, zero traffic around the terminals. Good luck with that at LGA!

Which terminal? Terminal C (United) has been renovated (almost done), and the air train is a really easy way to get to/from rental cars, train to NY, etc.