Places to stay in Bend, Oregon?

Any suggestions for places to stay in Bend? Moderate price (say, under $200/night).

I’m renting my place. PM me for details.
0C1E7EF4-FA8B-4C14-BF77-9FC7E9D6C0D6.jpeg

Tons of nice places on AirBnB for well under $200 (I’ve been looking). Depends on what you are looking for.

And if you’re looking for a “vacation place” I’d look into SunRiver. Great community with lots of activities

I highly recommend Pronghorn but that is likely out of your stated price range.

I stayed at the McMenamins there last fall. It was quirky and sufficient for a place to my lay my head in comfort. The spa was a fantastic place to relax at the end of a long travel day. The restaurant had a nice breakfast but I didn’t have any other meals there.

Thanks, that looks great. Not too crazy, they have some specials running for our dates. Know anything about Tetherow?

I don’t have any first hand experience with the lodging at Tetherow. However, I have played the course and enjoyed the hospitality of the golf staff and F&B staff. The course is super fun. It’s a wild design from David McLay Kidd. I have a couple friends that are members if you want more detail.

I stayed at Tetherow during the solar eclipse. Perfectly fine. Don’t remember much because the eclipse blew my mind (as well as the 7 hour drive back to Tetherow from Madras). I think we had a parking lot view at Tetherow which took a little of the shine off.

Proghorn Resort is amazing. Can’t recommend it enough. Bend is an amazing place- enjoy!

Have hit VRBO several times and it’s super convenient in the $175-$225 range. I find it saves me a couple of bucks, as I usually enjoy making breakfast or grilling one night when we’re there. I believe it’s Newport Avenue Market that has Rick’s beer on the shelf (Heater Allen Brewing) if you go that route. Town is super Uber friendly.

Sun River is nice, as well, but given the distance from Bend, you’re going to want a designated driver or an Uber.

Sunriver is great if you have children or play a lot of golf. Bend is better for active adults. One thing to keep in mind is that the occupancy fees and taxes in Sunriver can be pretty hefty.

Riverhouse is an above place good location and they have a package that includes a bottle of wine. I think it provides good value. I also think they have complimentary hh. Also, I’ve stayed at an Airbnb is Sisters, which isn’t too far and a nice community. Place was a condo and property had a pool.

If you like beer, the Best Western Premier Peppertree has Russian River in the happy hour fridge. It could use a bit more soundproofing but we’d happily stay there again.