Piedmont Wine Tasting for a Larger Group

I am planning a trip to Piedmont and have run into an unexpected situation where many family and friends want to come too. There could be 20 of us (!). Of the 20, perhaps there will be 2 wine geeks, 3 wine travelers, and 15 non-wine connoisseurs who will view this as much a trip to Italy versus wineries.
That said, most/all will want to tag along to some wineries on at least 2 days (as they know that’s why I picked the region to celebrate my 40th). hitsfan grouphug [help.gif]

Accordingly, I think that (i) I will need to get there earlier or stay later than the group, to visit the smaller producers I am personally most interested. And find some other/new producers who would be interested/gracious to host such a large group.

Can anyone please suggest quality nebbiolo producers who would be willing to host such a group (Barolo, Barbaresco or Alto?). I went on Cellar Tracker to see the largest producers of 2013… and the top 10 by quantity are Vajra, Vietti, Brovia, Scavino, Burlotto, F. Rinaldi, Grasso, Sandrone, Aldo Conterno, Roagna. I know some of these are smaller producers, and so I was surprised to see them as a top 10 holding (Burlotto at #5!).

I have never been to Piedmont before. Would these producers host a group like us? I’d be very happy with any of these top 10 (and very happy with 7 of them). Or Produttori, Sottimano or something off the beaten path e.g. Carema etc.

Also, if anyone can recommend a reasonable tour service who can help organize a big trip like this, that would be great!

when?

Potentially Spring 2020, so I have plenty of time. But I would like to understand logistics first and what is feasible, before inviting people/locking down dates.

Recommend Clerico and Grasso. Two very different styles and presentations. But both looked like they could accommodate large groups when I visited last fall. Clerico for sure, Grasso might be just a little tight but I think it would work. We thoroughly enjoyed both - I think your guests will enjoy the caves at Grasso and the abundance of wine and scenery at Clerico!

Andrew, thank you for the suggestions (on your first post too!). Grasso is one I have wanted to visit; I wasn’t greatly impressed with a 2010 Runcot, but I am very interested to compare the Casa Mate/Chiniera. And thanks for tip on Clerico and the different style point!

Of course - they may not have those open to taste, at least they didn’t when we visited but I think that had more to do with the ‘14 vintage? I’m sure if you ask ahead they may have some options for you.

I almost asked you how the 2015s tasted! Thanks again