Hobart and Launceston restaurants

Going there for a short holiday soon, any recommendations?

Embarrassingly, I’ve only been to Hobart once about 18 months ago, and not at all to Launceston.
I had a nice meal at Me Wah while there.

This might be of use…

I’ve seen a fair bit of positive press for Franklin and Dier Makr. Friends enjoyed Soruce at MONA.

Thanks Paul, that’s helpful.

Can definitely back Franklin in Hobart and Stillwater in Launceston. If you’ve got a couple of nights in Launceston, I’ve also heard good things about The Black Cow.

Templo is also nice although I note from your recent post history you don’t like Love Tilly Devine, so this may not be up your alley as it’s kindof in that vein (off the beaten track, unusual wines & a chalkboard menu).

If you’re looking for places to stay, I can recommend the Henry Jones Art Hotel in Hobart and The River House at Dilston (near Launceston).

Thanks Andrew. Already have The Black Cow on the list, will book Stillwater. Sadly Franklin is closed on Sunday and Monday.

Please report on where you ended up going. We are going in early 2020.

Had dinners at both The Black Cow and Stillwater, slight preference for The Black Cow as the Wagyu beef was cooked to perfection and the fish sashimi starter was pretty good. Couldn’t book Me Wah Hobart so booked Me Wah Launceston instead, proper Chinese restaurant with impressive wine list. Also had a good meal at Urban Greek restaurant Hobart.

Any updates for fish centric places, especially Launceston.