Arizona wine tasting in Tucson

I stumbled upon the Arizona Wine Collective (Arizona Wine Collective - Featured Wineries) during my week in Tucson. Its a well appointed tasting room with outdoor seating in an upscale shopping/residential center. a few miles north of the University of A right on Campbell.

I went on a thursday afternoon and for the most time , I was the only customer. I was able to taste through a lot of wine. The standard price is $15 for 5 tastes and since I was eager, I got a few more.

There was a time when I only thought that Callaghan was the only exceptional winery in Southern AZ. The rest of the young AZ wine industry has clearly caught up and there were a number of Sango’s, Temprarillos, Petit Verdots and Viogniers that I would seek out. I was particularly impressed with Golden Rule Vineyards, Page Springs, Pillsbury and Zapara’s wines.

They also have a selection of local craft beer. Since there are at least 20 local breweries, there is always a good selection. The bartender Zack, also works at my favorite Craft beer bar and shop, The Tucson Hop Shop is a few miles away in a funky metal artist colony with a great selection of Southwest craft beers and food trucks outside at night. Tap List - TUCSON HOP SHOP – YOUR CRAFT BEER DESTINATION