Quick lunch in Paris near Eiffel Tower?

I’m going to be passing through Paris (layover) and thought I would take my kids to the Eiffel Tower so I made reservations. Wondering if anyone knows a good spot for lunch near there.

thanks very much

-paul

Les Cocottes
L’Ami Jean
Arnaud Nicolas

How old are your kids? What day of the week?

Jules Verne in the tower itself! Great views, excellent food and a fun experience for everyone.

Les cocottes is awesome but menu is sort of limited so for dining with kids, that might be a challenge if they are picky. Great spot though.

kids are 9-12. It will be a saturday. Jules Verne is closed at the moment for a refresh. thanks for the ideas
-paul

All good suggestions, above. Maybe consider one of Constant’s other restaurants, Cafe Constant, rather than Les Cocottes. Also take a look at Pottoka. Or consider walking over to Rue Cler (Aux PTT).

Arnaud Nicolas is the same. Great location and I love the food, but really on the bubble for 9-12 year olds, given pricing and menu options (rillettes, pate en croute, lots of foie). My kids will eat just about anything, but I don’t know that their first choice would be foie, pork and pistachio en croute.

You might consider La Fontaine de Mars. Same general area and geared a bit more towards tourists (rustic, SW France feel), but menu is big and pretty safe. http://www.fontainedemars.com/

Will ask my wife if there’s anywhere in particular she enjoyed for lunch with our kids (5, 5, 10, 15 at the time) that isn’t pizza [thumbs-up.gif]

Cafe Central or Cafe du Marche on Rue Cler are very kid friendly. Les Terraces right at the Ecole Militaire metro entrance is also very good.

With children I’d echo a couple that are already suggested: Cafe Constant and Fointaine du Mars.

Wife says Cafe l’Homme, for the view. Sit outside https://www.cafedelhomme.com

Cafe du Trocadero was also a recommendation, more for the outside experience (typical chairs pointing towards the circle,) looking down the mall towards the Tower. If you’re there at night, Trocadero is THE place to watch the tower light up on the hour, just watch your wallet. Other bonus is that Trocadero is a central Metro stop.
https://menuonline.fr/cafedutrocaderoparis

We rented an apartment just a block off the Champ des Mars that it sits on. We went to a local market bought some rose’, cheese, meat & bread and had a terrific picnic on the Champ looking back to the tower from 100 yards away, sans all the people. Rue Cler street market is very nearby and a fun place to find ingredients & wine.

Rue Cler shopping for a Champ de Mars picnic was a great time when I did it. If the weather is fine, that is a fabulous choice.

If you’re up for Italian, Il Sorrentino on Rue de Monttessuy is a very short walk from the tower and delicious. The kids will love watching them cook their version of Alfredo table side in a giant Parmesan wheel and there is something for everyone on the menu. We lucked out and walked in off the street but make a reso if you can, they were full the day we visited.