Any Experience with TAP Airlines?

We’re looking at possibly flying into Lisbon this summer. Direct options are limited from Chicago. TAP will start service from O’Hare in June.

Any thoughts on the carrier would be appreciated.

ridiculously cheap biz class fares at the moment. cheap award redemptions as well.

I flew TAP to Spain in late 2016 in business class and enjoyed the experience. YYZ → LIS → BCN, then MAD → LIS → YYZ. It was on their slightly older A320, with 150 degree recline in their seats, but service was good and food was pretty decent. They were serving 12-year old Barraida on the plane which which surprisingly good.

I liked the TAP lounge in Lisbon as well - nice bar, plenty of pasteis de nata and a savoury spread that was routinely replenished.

Looking forward to my Europe trip this summer on their new A330 with lie-flat beds.

One flight from Lisbon when computers at United went kerphooey. No complaints.

Flew them to Lisbon. I think it was out of EWR at the time. They were just fine, quality the same as AA or UAL. nice lounge in Lisbon. They do sometimes run a narrow body 757 not sure if they are doing that from ORD. If they are direct I would take them in a heartbeat. Lisbon is wonderful. Spend some time in Sintra.

George

Flew from Phila to Lisbon 2 years ago. Timing, service and food were fine. Check what planes they are flying on your route. Ours was the older narrow model as noted above. Somewhat cramped.

Flew them biz to EWR-LIS-EWR about 5 years ago.

Good recline that’s almost flat, took pride with their nicely-chosen Portuguese wines that are fine with me (although I know very little about Portuguese wines), and service is basic-efficient but not the same level as biz-class service by more, generally lauded carriers that I’ve had to chance to fly with.

Thanks, everyone.

Thank you all! Very interesting thread and I am going to start another thread about Lisbon in general.

Cheers!
Marshall

Thanks for the feedback all - traveling TAP Business to Barcelona in May for the first time.

I have flown TAP and was satisfied. Wish I could say the same for AA and UA recently. :frowning:

We took TAP this past summer business class. layflat seats and good not great service