Salt Lake City

Any recommendations for restaurants? Can you bring your own wine to restaurants?

You can bring your own wine to most restaurants in SLC. It is always wise to call in advance to confirm policies. Some restaurants that allow corkage have a per-table limit, which can put a crimp on large groups.

One legal technicality that I have not seen enforced is that the wine must have been purchased in Utah, and have the sticker showing that.

I have not been wowed by the food in any SLC restaurant.

I liked Takashi, a Japanese restaurant and sushi bar. It is Downtown at 18 W Market Street.

Friends recommend Valter’s Osteria for good Italian food. I have not been but trust their judgment.
173 Broadway, Salt Lake City.

The Utah State Wine Store was surprisingly quite good. A fairly wide range of wines at reasonable prices. I was impressed. 255 S 300 E, Salt Lake City.

A recent thread on SLC.

I’ll second the recommendation for Takashi. My team went twice during a one week trip last year and it was excellent both times. Reservations are a must and are tough to get on some nights.

We were very unimpressed with the other restaurants we tried. Several people recommended Red Iguana for tacos/Mexican and it’s very popular but I and others in my group thought it was just okay. Prepare to wait if you go there.

Bumping this since it all seems to be pre-Covid. Looking for SLC restaurant recs, in particular for gift certificate purchases for my daughter who just moved there this summer. Corkage policy not a big issue for her.

Valters and red iguana