Places to eat in London?

Any suggestions? newhere

Kitchen Table by bubble dogs (very pricey)
Pollen Street Social(pricey)
J Sheekey (pricey)
Dishoom (not pricey)
Talli Joe (not pricey)

First two are modern British, Sheekey is classic fish, last 2 are Indian

Dishoom is great - no reservations after 5:30 or so
Hawksmoor (steakhouse) with corkage of $25 (or less on some nights)
BAO Fitzrovia

Does Dishoom still get those long lines?

Yes. We do lunch or an early dinner so we can get a reservation.

Terroirs just off of Trafalgar Square. French bistro wine bar with tappas influence.

I guess this is proof people don’t click your links Victor! :slight_smile:

Yes. The last reservation they take is 5:30, perfect for pre theater.

That’s what i thought too… this is a hilarious thread…

I don’t get the joke. The link just takes me to the WSJ firewall.

No food > no eat…nowhere there.

That is victor’s blind links

I just assumed that some link gloating over/chastising someone’s mortgage misery automatically was included in any post by Victor, so I didn’t click on it.

Pretty funny- that I didn’t click.

Pretty weird otherwise.

hitsfan

Hide (upper)

I ate at Kitchen Table a few months ago and it was…a bit weird. Food was excellent. The Somms were not great and didn’t even know what the BTG wines were. If you go in the second seating, there is a lot of waiting around at the end while they clean and you wait for food. If you don’t buy the supplemental courses, there will be 45-60 min of sitting around watching other people eat. I would go to BubbleDogs instead!

Also Vagabond Wine near Victoria Station (there are several but this one is by far the best) is pretty amazing for BTG wines. They have a selection of over 120 and you can use the machines to get what you want. Their food was pretty delicious as well!

Employee exits? No way. Oh, wait,…

Depends on what you’re looking for.

I’ve really enjoyed both Mere and Noble Rot. Mere on the more fine dining end and Noble Rot as a wine bar with fairly excellent food.