trip to Greek Islands (Cyclades)

Hi All,

I’m planning a trip to the Greek Islands this June and as always when I travel, would love to stop by some wineries to learn about the local viticulture scene. We’re flying in to Santorini, which I know is famous for Assyrtiko. What wineries/restaurants are worth visiting in Santorini? What about other islands in the area? We might do Crete as well, since I hear it’s a 2.5 hour ferry ride.

Thank you,
Maurice

I went to Sigalas. Nice tasting, I thought the wines were very good. Just below Oia.

Selene Meze and Wine in beautiful Pyrgos. Good food and good wine, particularly an interesting BTG list.

To Psaraki - in the working marina of Vlichada. Best seafood I found on Santorini.

Anogi - very tasty taberna in Imerovigli

Aktaion - very tasty very simple taberna in Firostefani

You can take a look at a recent Android app named Wine Routes, listing and mapping about 700 wineries in Greece and letting you plan your own routes. There are some predesigned routes about Cyclades I think.

wineroutes.eu

You “think” there are routes?

You wrote the app…

Yes, I think there are routes. I wrote the app but I don’t remember all content details. I had to look it up in order to see the routes displayed.
Please refrain yourself from hasty deductions. I joined the forum to read and converse.