trip to Greek Islands (Cyclades)

Tips, stories, and questions about travel-related topics
MauriceP

trip to Greek Islands (Cyclades)

#1 Post by MauriceP » January 5th, 2019, 2:55 pm

Hi All,

I'm planning a trip to the Greek Islands this June and as always when I travel, would love to stop by some wineries to learn about the local viticulture scene. We're flying in to Santorini, which I know is famous for Assyrtiko. What wineries/restaurants are worth visiting in Santorini? What about other islands in the area? We might do Crete as well, since I hear it's a 2.5 hour ferry ride.

Thank you,
Maurice
M@urice P@scal

doug johnson

Re: trip to Greek Islands (Cyclades)

#2 Post by doug johnson » January 7th, 2019, 7:36 pm

I went to Sigalas. Nice tasting, I thought the wines were very good. Just below Oia.

Selene Meze and Wine in beautiful Pyrgos. Good food and good wine, particularly an interesting BTG list.

To Psaraki - in the working marina of Vlichada. Best seafood I found on Santorini.

Anogi - very tasty taberna in Imerovigli

Aktaion - very tasty very simple taberna in Firostefani

I. Tsergoulas

#3 Post by I. Tsergoulas » March 10th, 2019, 11:08 am

You can take a look at a recent Android app named Wine Routes, listing and mapping about 700 wineries in Greece and letting you plan your own routes. There are some predesigned routes about Cyclades I think.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... wineroutes
wineroutes.eu
I l i a s

brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by brigcampbell » March 10th, 2019, 5:07 pm

I. Tsergoulas wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 11:08 am
You can take a look at a recent Android app named Wine Routes, listing and mapping about 700 wineries in Greece and letting you plan your own routes. There are some predesigned routes about Cyclades I think.
You "think" there are routes?

You wrote the app...

I. Tsergoulas

#5 Post by I. Tsergoulas » March 15th, 2019, 1:19 pm

Yes, I think there are routes. I wrote the app but I don't remember all content details. I had to look it up in order to see the routes displayed.
Please refrain yourself from hasty deductions. I joined the forum to read and converse.
I l i a s

Return to “Travel Forum”