Shipping wine to the USA from Sicily?

I travel often to Italy and ship wine back from Tuscany and Piemonte often but I’ve never been down to Sicily. Does anyone have experience in shipping back wines from Sicily to the USA? Are there Mailbox ETC there like in Tuscany that can do this? What other options do I have?

Thank you!

Jeremy - while I personally have not shipped wines from Sicily (have brought plenty back on checked luggage), I would say this will largely depend on what section of the island you will be, and what metro areas.

For example, my family hails from the SW corner Montevago - had I wanted to ship something back I trust I would’ve needed to either make my way east to Sciacca, or ship it out of Palermo before departing. If you’re headed for the East side of the island for Messina/Taormina and Etna - my guess would be the same.

Sicily outside of major metro areas very much has a 3rd world country feel - I wouldn’t dare try to mail wine out of that town. So, I would research the particular metros you’ll cross.

On a separate note, I will be in Tuscany end of August - could provide guidance on the mailboxes/services you utilized there for shipping back stateside? I would very much appreciate it

Funny how I have that feeling in several parts of rural USA -)))
you can look at MBE website they have all locations all over Italy including several in Sicily.

Most wineries ship their wines through local MBE in Italy. From what I remember it will cost you about 120E to send a case back to the US give or take. We are friends with several wineries so we give them our haul and they ship them for us through their contact. But I know you can do a google search for MBE wherever you are and walk in and have them ship. Just FYI, Sicily is not the same! They wanted over DOUBLE to ship the wine back. Luckily we were able to bring back about 30 bottles with us in our suitcases.