Vegas - lunch and late night spots?

Three nights in Vegas coming up where we will be going to early concerts. We’ve always skipped lunch in anticipation of big Vegas dinners, but due to the shows we will be doing the opposite and focusing on lunch and will then need something late night afterwards. I have LOS pegged for one weekday lunch and Raku for one late night, I would love to hear any other recommendations for cool spots at these times.

Wine Spectator just did an issue that included an article on lunch and late night Vegas spots. (I get the rag free.)

Chica, Estiatorio Milos, Flock & Fowl, Jaleo, Lago, Yardbird all noted—I know none of them.

Thanks Alan, I actually get it free as well but must have missed it. There was a Vegas issue a few months ago I remember, assuming now it was in that issue, hopefully I didn’t recycle it yet.

brand new issue dated Sept 30, 2018

For tapas I prefer Serrano’s over Jaleo and it should be open for lunch or at least it was in the past.

Don’t know anything about Estiatorio Milos in Vegas but I can say that the one in NYC serves up the best fish and seafood you can imagine. Been there a couple times.

Tom

I’ve been to Estiatorio Milos in Vegas. Recommended to highly recommended.

had a late (1100 pm) dinner there Sat night. Lovely but pricy, fresh fish the draw.

I went for lunch. Prix Fixe. Three courses for something like $25-30 bucks. Quite the QPR. Added in wine pairings for something like $10.00.

I agree with Joe. The prix fixe lunch at Milos is very good and very good value. We also recently enjoyed the brunch at Lago. For something slightly different for lunch - Hot N Juicy Crawfish. There’s now one on the Strip in the Miracle Mile Shops, but we’ve only been to the ones on Spring Mountain Road (for some reason, there are two very close to one another). We’ve been to LOS many times, but we just went to the new location for the first time. The food was as good as ever, but the wine list was very depleted - so much so, I asked if they had another list. I think they are trying to re-open the other location, so perhaps they are keeping part of the cellar there.

For late night, Momofuku at the Cosmopolitan has the chicken sandwich after 10 p.m. in the bar area. The Cosmopolitan also has Secret Pizza, which offers very good NY style pizza by the slice into the wee hours. We’ve never been, but the Peppermill is supposed to be a classic late night place.

This may not fit with your plans because it’s only open for dinner, but Bazaar Meat by Jose Andres at the SLS is outstanding. Best restaurant in Vegas right now in our opinion. They also have a great wine program with many reasonable (at least by Vegas standards) Coravin options if you chat up the somm.

Thanks for the continued recommendations. We are staying at the Cosmo, is that chicken sandwich worth $18…because I bet I’m going to need two.

Agree with David on Secret Pizza. Forgot about it. It’s nothing more than a simple walk up and grab a slice on the go kind of a place put if you’re simply looking for a quick bite on the go the pizza is good and reasonably priced.

It’s not a big sandwich. I had the shishito peppers, the sandwich, and two cocktails, and I was satisfied. Total cost was around $80. Certainly not cheap, but that’s the new Vegas…

I’ve had secret Pizza and it was certainly serviceable for late late food, I had to go back to my room wait an hour or so and come back. Maybe I hit it when some club was letting out but it’s definitely Not so secret. Would like to try Peppermill so maybe that’s a call if avoiding Fri night.

Wanted to follow up with our results as we ended up at LOS, Jaleo and Yard Bird. Jaleo was a crazy value and top food of 4 courses for $36 (added paella course). LOS was about the same as I remember, but the Reisling list is no more. Yard Bird was good, but not really destination worthy I’d say. Went to Peppermill at 2am and felt like I walked into a movie from the 70’s, food was just ok, but the atmosphere is definitely trippy, only in Vegas.