Recent Walla Walla dining? Dinner spots...

Hi, All.

Yes, I did a search. There are some good threads about trips to Walla Walla, but the most recent input was from 2016. I’ve found, however, that WW changes quite a bit from year to year. What are the good spots for dinner these days? Mrs. BRR and i are taking an overnight in November. We did Saffron and Brasserie Four last time and ideally don’t want to do those again, unless they’re still the best and only options. I seem to remember reading some very high praise for the tasting menu at the Marcus Whitman, but I could be wrong. That last thread mentioned Ox & Cart as a good restaurant. Anyone been there? Other ideas?

Second question: we’re going to do only a few of winery visits. I want to do one or two Old Guard visits, but I’d like to visit a very new, up-and-coming winery. What would be your new “hot shot” visits?

(duplicate post…somewhat edited, from CT forums)

Ox and Cart was decent but has already closed. Whitehouse-Crawford is still a standard-bearer. I’ve found Passatempo a bit uneven, either good or meh. There is a taco cart right next to the brewery at the airport district (the one adjacent to the hrewery, not a block or two earlier) that is fantastic.

For a newish winery a couple of the concrete cuvees from The Walls have shown well, although some of their other stuff is a bit sweet for my taste…

Don’t forget to stop in for lunch one day at the combination of Mexican restaurant and bait shop out on the west side of town. Affectionately known as the “Worm Ranch”. Seriously, this was really good Mexican food…

We were in Walla Walla in early August. Saffron is still very good. BF was BS and a huge disappointment. Our best meal was at the restaurant in our bed and breakfast. If you do not mind the drive check-out the Cameo Heights Mansion Restaurant. Outstanding food and service.