Dinner in London Recommendation?

Looking for a dinner spot in London. Something not too formal (likely dining by myself as i just arrive at noon on the day, and meeting people the next day). Prefer something with a good/reasonable winelist, not overly expensive, near Green Park preferred (but not required)?

Ideas? Thanks!

Did any of the suggestions in other recent posts appeal to you?

The only recent thread i saw was this:
https://wineimport.discoursehosting.net/t/reccos-for-london-amsterdam/144759/1

i’m not familiar with london enough to know if the districts are close to green park… so was hoping for a bit more specific recommendation…
One person said a place near hedonism wine but it was boring… haha so that isn’t good :wink:

Call 67 pall mall, say you’re interested in joining as an overseas member and would like to visit/have dinner. No idea if they’ll oblige but no harm in trying!

Gymkhana is right near Green Park.

The Ritz doesn’t meet any of your criteria. But it’s where I round go.

Oxford/Mayfair section is by Green Park.

To be honest, I think the board is much better when folks use existing threads rather than making a new one just for them with the same question, especially when there are so many recommendations in the one you posted.

Thanks Jay - Gymkhana is fully booked… that would’ve been perfect - right near my hotel!.

Dan - i’ll send 67PM an email… they can only say no right :slight_smile:

Barry - i understand and appreciate your thought. On most topics i agree it’s better to consolidate (i.e. 1 TN thread on a wine vs 10 different TN thread on the same wine). For travel it’s a bit different b/c circumstances vary… travel with family? along? groups? long trip? short stay? location specific, etc. Just look at how many threads there are on Oregon, WA, Napa, etc. Overall yes, consolidate, but for travel, i think individual questions isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I also did read that thread and due to lack of familiarity, found it not to be useful.
Knowing Oxford/Mayfair is near GP, i’ll look up that thread again.

Mark,

Given that you’re an IGer, if 67 Pall Mall doesn’t work from you, maybe shoot some of the London contingent a DM?

I have an idea or two, but I only follow some people as opposed to actually knowing them. Shoot me a PM or DM on either platform

I’m not sure if it would fit what you’re looking for or not, but I’ve dined solo at Mere a number of times and have really enjoyed myself. I know they usually do a number of great Coravin pours.

Also, don’t sleep on Noble Rot. The food there is actually really decent.

Can try Hakkasan or Palomar. I still dream of the jasmine smoked pork ribs from Hakkasan from time to time.

Not sure when you’re coming but there’s a fantastic heidsieck dinner at Hide on nov 1st…

Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

Coming next weekend.
Gonna skip 67PM. The dress code is no go for me, I’m going for the Seahawks game, so not planning on packing formal attire :slight_smile:

I’m a broken record on the subject; my favorite London restaurant over the past almost 6 years is Kitchen Table at Bubbledogs. Bubbledogs is a champagne and hot dog restaurant on Charlotte Street in Fitzrovia. Behind the curtain at the back of Bubbledogs is a 19 seat kitchen bar that serves a market driven, multi-course menu concocted each day by Chef James Knappett. You can wear whatever you want. Earlier this week, Michelin elevated Kitchen Table from * to **. Book here: https://kitchentablelondon.co.uk/

This is exactly what’s going with me: looking for travel suggestions for our trip to London and trying to do my “due diligence” but most of these threads don’t fit our circumstance of traveling with a 5 year old and lack of familiarity of the local zones on London since I’m just starting my research for the trip.

If Gymkhana appealed to you, look at Benares or Jamavar. Both higher end Indian not far from Green Park. We couldn’t get into Gymkhana on a trip last year, so went to Jamavar and had a really tasty meal.
A number of people recommended Dishoom to me, but we could never swing getting in. Probably only feasible if you go for really early dinner. But it’s in Covent Garden which is just a couple of tube stops on the same line as a Green Park.