No New Orleans bar thread?

I haven’t searched but any new bars or solid classics?

From a friend who is in NOLA often.

Cane&Table - great rum bar in the quarter, get the pineapple cocktail togo, perfect for a walk and is delicious!

Sazerac Bar – The OG bar in the Roosevelt hotel, reminds me of The Green Mill without live music, a great place to catch a civilized cocktail before or at the end of the night… they are open late! 4AM super elegant hotel!!

Carousel Bar – The only bar that makes you spin… for real, the bar spins and it’s amazing. Great Hennessy negronis :wink:

Cure – The most “progressive” cocktail program in town, funky atmosphere and cool list of “baller” cocktails i.e 21yr rum in cocktails vs 5yr. They also own Cane & Table.

Bouligny Tavern – great outdoor seating and really the best wine bar in town with a great cocktail program to boot.

Dos Heffe’s – One of the only places left you can get a bourbon listen to live music and buy a cigar and smoke it… it’s awesome!

Delachaise – funky wine bar with a chill vibe, not as polished as Bouligny but they have great selections.

Erin Rose - you must go early 10AM-12PM for a frozen Irish coffee to start the day… It’s become tradition for Chicago industry to post a pic there with the black Togo cups.

French75 Bar - a legend, upscale classy Bar, perfect for a cocktail before or after dinner

George

George thanks, most of the classics I know about and have been to.

Any mention of New Orleans requires these two recommendations by me:

• Coop’s Place- good food, I believe that they still serve inexpensive rocks glasses of classic green Chartreuse liqueur

• Royal Street Inn - cheap place to stay in the Quarter

Just stumbled on the thread, but a new place that is very good is Longway Tavern. https://www.longwaytavern.com/

And we never miss the French 75 Bar.

Longway Tavern is good. Visited in November. Just off Bourbon but feels nowhere close.

Highly recommend Bar Tonique on Rampart.

I’d like to add Manolito to the list. Great Cuban themed bar from Chris Hannah formerly of French 75 and Nick Dietrich formerly of Cane and Table/Cure.

Had a good experience recently at the Elysian Bar in the Hotel Peter and Paul.

Add the Alibi-811 Iberville. It never closes-how convenient.

Check out Restaurant Rebirth — small place in the Warehouse District.
We loved it. Look at the reviews — this is an instance where the reviews are correct!
We’ve steered others there, and all hav loved it