Thanksgiving ideas?

My wife and I will be on our own for Thanksgiving this year and I thought it might be nice to get away somewhere. Prefer somewhere in the U.S., warmer if possible but not absolutely required, and ~$1K/night or less. And somewhere that actually does something for the holiday would be nice (i.e., I want to eat turkey and watch football). I was thinking something a bit like the Breakers where I spent a good part of Thanksgiving weekend a few years ago but post-remodel that’s coming in around double that price. So sort of old school, classic luxury, but I’m open to riffs on that (e.g. western). No Vegas. Ideas?

We are looking at New Orleans. I don’t know about holiday stuff. There is a parade due to the Bayou Classic football game. Certainly lots of good places to eat and drink. Weather should be high 60s low 70s. (hopefully)

George

Need to see how they weather the storm, but maybe Charleston or Savannah?

I am not endorsing, just mentioning. The Williamsburg Inn used to be THE place for old-school traditional T Day. https://www.colonialwilliamsburghotels.com/events/thanksgiving-buffet-dinner-williamsburg-inn/

In Berserker fashion, not warm weather, but how about The Broadmoor in Colorado?

It’s been years since I was there, but truly relaxing with lots to do, or nothing to do at all.

They offer suites at 25% off for Thanksgiving, and looks like you can get deals somewhere around $400/night (or less).

For something a little different, how about Sante Fe, New Mexico? There are some great hotel options, I have a great relationship with the Four Seasons and Rosewood. Both start around $500 a night during the Thanksgiving timeframe.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the thoughtful ideas. There are a few that were definitely off my radar.

If you can tolerate a bit of cooler weather and you like Southwestern food, this is a very good option and priced reasonably in Santa Fe.

Family and I are headed there this year using my miles/points.

We spent several thanksgivings in Palm Springs, CA about 8-10 years ago. It’s beautiful, discounted and had good golf too.

Yup - stay at the Parker and dine at Le Vallauris

Golf doesn’t do much for me other than ruin my mood, but my wife isn’t as big on the idea of leaving town as I am and it might be a useful tool to get her buy-in…

FYI. YMMV.

Couple years ago (2015) I thought the same thing and brought my family (wife and three post university male children) down to the French Quarter for Thanksgiving. I did not know about the football game and the extent of the rivalry between the schools. We went, stayed in the FQ, and someone was shot and killed right outside our hotel (Monteleone). Do some research on this event and the violence associated with the weekend and than make your decision. Obviously anything can happen anywhere at anytime but go in with your eyes wide open if you are considering the FQ for Turkey day weekend. I know that I did not and I regretted my decision even though we had a wonderful number of meals and visits in the Big Easy that weekend.

Yes I am aware of this. We are not staying in the quarter. We will not be in the quarter on Saturday pre and post game which is when it can get quite crowded. We will be out of NOLA on Friday to do some other things. I am looking forward to the parade though. Both schools marching bands are supposed to be really great.

George