Woodinville Wine Country recommendations

Going to spend a weekend in the Seattle area, any recommendation?
TIA

With regard to visiting Woodinville have you tried wines from (m)any of the wineries based there? Knowing a little more about your preferences will help steer my suggested stops.

I enjoy Pinot and Rhone, however in visiting a wine region I would like to experience the wines that grow best in that region or best express the dirt :slight_smile: of that region

Thanks for the response Michel. Woodinville has so many options so I’ll try to steer you towards wines/wineries that have resonated with the Berserker audience as having a sense of place. It is good to note that Woodinville is broken up into districts, most notably the Warehouse District and the Hollywood District.

Warehouse District:
Two Vintners- Open Sat & Sun 12-5. Majority reds with one white (Grenache Blanc) currently. Quality vineyards from around the state and a quality winemaker.
Savage Grace- Open Sat & Sun 1-5. Good mix of red and white options with their Gruner & Syrah being favorites on mine.
Kevin White Winery- Open Sat 1-5. Current releases are only reds with more Rhone varietals than BDX.
Stevens Winery- Open Sat 1-5. Focus on reds from the Yakima Valley AVA.

Hollywood District:
aMaurice Cellars- Open Thurs-Mon 12-5. Reds & Whites from great vineyard sources. To me a little more restrained in style but in a way I truly enjoy. Her whites are something I look forward to each year.
Pepperbridge/Amavi- Open 7 days a week 12-5. Sister wineries that share a tasting space in Woodinville. I tend to prefer the Amavi wines over Pepperbridge with the Syrah, Semillion and Rose being my favorites.
Long Shadows Vintners-Open 7 days a week 12-5. Gilles Nicault serves as the house winemaker but this is very much a unique project with each wine having a unique winemaker working on the project. Guest winemakers include Randy Dunn, John Duval, Philippe Melka and Michel Rolland. I’ve enjoyed their wines but prefer them with some age.

Hopefully some other locals see this thread and chime in as I am by no means the authority here and have been out of the industry and that area for a few years now. When will you be headed out this way?

Thank you very much TR Barry!