Argentina-Chile-Patagonia

So jealous of your Patagoina itinerary… have a great time and post lots of pics!

We loved LAN-- comfortable seats, great entertainment system, and the best legroom I’ve ever encountered in steerage. Are you in BA today?

Serge,

Apologies for not having posted this before, but if you can grasp even a bit of “castellano” (don’t tell an Argentinean that he/she speaks “español”) this is the “Zagat” of B.A.

http://guiaoleo.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I highly recommend this place in San Telmo for low-key, authentic, stick to your ribs food:

GuiaOleo.com is for sale | HugeDomains" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh and if you want something a little more “high-end” do NOT miss the Sunday brunch at the Four Seasons in the Recoleta neighborhood. It’s about $50 or so dollars but oh so worth it.

Have fun.

Serge,

Did you mean conejo (rabbit) or cangrejo (crab)? In any case, don’t forget to have mollejas (sweetbreads) at some point in your trip. The best I’ve ever had were in Argentina…Mendoza to be specific. Holy crap those were good!

+1 on the Guialeo - we found a lot of good places thanks to that site. I don’t know that they have a particular recommendation for the best penguin place in Ushuaia, however… I think you’ll be on your own there.

Serge, I hope you are enjoying Chile !

“Impressions of the city: crowded, homogeneous, predominantly white with very few other ethnic groups.”

That was the stated and active government policy there for many decades…

Stranded at the airport? My impression of the airport was that it was the most expensive place in the country.

Tuck that camera up pretty far, but leave some slack in the strap… I want to see lots of pictures of Patagonia when you get back. [wink.gif]

“White” is an ethnic group?

Great pics, Serge, and fun to do some armchair traveling. Thanks for posting.