SpotHero parking

I had to be in D.C. for a few days a couple of weeks ago. Normally I just suck it up and pay the valet at the hotel, but for some reason the $61 a night (hotel near White House) stuck in my craw this time. My wife found SpotHero on the drive down and we ended up paying $42 bucks for the whole stay a block away from my hotel. Booked and paid for it online through her phone and pulled in, guy gave me a ticket for the window, parked and done.

I’ll be trying this again.

I used this in DC over Xmas and it worked great. The cost was maybe 1/3 of what the Hotel was going to charge. But we did not need to car for the days it was parked so that helped find a good and cost effective option. If you need in and out that can be done and is often simply like leaving (and paying) and then adding new days on afterwards. For daily use, one needs to do more research on options but can be done as well.

We use it all the time for parking in the Loop. There can be big savings, particularly in off hours

I also check Park Wiz. Sometimes they’re a bit cheaper.

Just used it at a hotel 15 min ago. $34 vs $72 - lot is in the same building. Do it all the time.

George