Equivalent of OpenTable in Italy?

When traveling in France, I typically use La Fourchette for quick dining reservations. Does anyone use something similar for Italy? Thanks in advance.

Good question. I’ve also used La Fourchette in France (and/or Tripadvisor). But never came upon a formal online reservation system for Italy.

I just email (the restaurant website or even Tripadvisor will have contact email), and if I don’t get a response in the next 2 days, then I’ll call. These methods had always worked for me.

I usually follow the restaurants website. In Europe there are often multiple competing options and restaurants choose one, so trying via the booking system is less reliable.

We’re generally flexible and will aim to have a number of options, so I’ve never even thought to try such a booking service. For stuff I pre-prep then I’ll often note the phone number. On rare occasions I’ve phoned to reserve, but just as often we’ve stuck our heads inside the door ~ 6-7pm to book for 8, allowing us the chance to indulge in an aperitivo.

In the bigger cities Quandoo.it seems to be fairly popular. In smaller towns/villages very often restaurants neither use such a service nor have a website but more and more they have a Facebook page and in my experience many accept reservations by a message there.

https://www.thefork.it/

Used Quandoo.it for some reservations. Old fashioned phone reservations do the trick most of the time