SW Ireland and Cork

Any restaurant or side trips recommended?

Slea head drive was the most beautiful drive, and Dingle was my favorite town in Ireland.
1497C18D-A848-4DF5-8A80-5CB1097A2C7D.jpeg

Just was there last Fall.
Out of the Blue in Dingle for food.
Gougan Barra Hotel for food and lodging.
Lake House Killarney, food and lodging.
Dingle Distillery, for spirits

The food was better than I was lead to believe. The wine is meh. The beer is good, but just about what you can get in the states, but the whiskey is top notch.

The Irish are probably the nicest people on Earth. Have fun.
77582DA9-FA49-4B6A-9270-FECD3CD1B574.jpeg
C5A64412-8449-4A87-8745-CB83DB3660C1.jpeg

Oh and anything made with lamb is awesome.

Dingle peninsula, ring of Kerry, town of Kinsale (foodie paradise). Of course, it’s been 40 years since there. Leaving next week for a driving trip to the Northwest coast and then into Northern Ireland ending in Belfast.

Eats? Fishy Fishy in Kinsale. If you’ve ever held a golf club, don’t miss Old Head.

Out of the Blue in Dingle is great. Dingle Gin is solid and the little town is a lot of fun. Gap of Dunloe is great and Kilarney is a really fun neat little town with gorgeous cathedrals and a vibrant pub scene.

Old Head of Kinsale was the most visually stunning place I’ve ever played golf. Pebble Beach is lovely, but this is really something else.

If you travel through Limerick on your way out, hit Butter. Food was excellent, scene was great, and it’s fairly close to St. John’s Castle, which is a very fun, very interactive tour.

Was there last fall for work and would echo pretty much everything that has been said already. Another Out of the Blue fan here along with Dingle Distillery for the Gin and Whiskey.

If you’re going to be in Killarney, and the weather is decent, and you’re adventurous, look into taking a boat out from Port Magee on Valencia Island to visit the UNESCO World Heritage (monestary) site at the Skelligs: http://skelligislands.com/. And be sure to look for signs the Jedi Knights while you’re there.

Thanks we are staying in Killarney for 3 nights before Cork.