Hudson Valley Weddings

Has anyone attended or hosted a wedding in the Hudson Valley? If so, where? Did you like/dislike the venue? Asking for a daughter…

Crabtree’s Kettle House in Chappaqua. It’s a small venue, so figure maximum of 120 people. My son had his Bar Mitzvah there, and we’ve been to a wedding. The menu used is a variety of choices from the restaurant menu. They don’t bring in a special menu. Even the house wine is pretty good. [wink.gif]

Pretty place. Pretty grounds.

I went to a wedding here a couple of years ago: http://thegarrison.com/weddings-events/

Very nice venue.

Went to a wedding a few years back at the roundhouse at beacon. A bit more modern/industrial space than the Garrison and the other country-club-ish places but still very pretty.

It’s a nice place with good food. (I haven’t been to a wedding there but a friend is a member at the next door golf club, so I have eaten there several times)

Would be a great place for a rehearsal dinner.

(Kittle, not Kettle, BTW)

Been to a wedding at Thayer Hotel at West Point. Great ground, of course. Place was meh.

Thayer Castle is lovely though no recollection of food, etc.

Was at a wedding at Boscobel (also go to Shakespeare there). Magnificent view which is pretty much as good as it gets in the Hudson Valley and the grounds are nice.

Thayer and Boscobel were tent weddings, if I recall correctly.

Kittle House’s “wedding room” is terrible (low ceilings, zero charm). The upstairs would be better save for the fact that it is way too sectionalized to make for a good, fun party.

I’m sure Mark and his daughter will be able to zero in on some good options further north in Putnam/Dutchess/Orange.

Check out Lyndhurst in Tarrytown.
Lyndhurst Castle | CulinArt Catering Collection Venue This overlooks the Hudson River, just a bit north of the city (NYC). Plenty of hotels close by and a fast ride from the city on Metro North.

Yes, this is what they want. Something outside of the city, in the country. Keep them coming!
Thanks,

The Beekman Arms in Rhinebeck is very nice. Haven’t been there in a few years but it’s in a beautiful area.

http://www.beekmandelamaterinn.com

We love Rhinebeck. She went to nearby Bard College and we stayed at the Beekman Arms (‘the oldest inn in America’) many times during her four years there.

I should have been more specific. She is considering the farm/barn wedding venues in Ulster/Dutchess/Orange/Putnam counties.

The Farm at Pond Lily. http://www.pondlilyevents.com/weddings/
One of my customers daughter got married here.

Thanks, Dan.

I’ve been to two pretty nice weddings up there.
One was at a hotel on a lake, Mohunk or Mohonk. It is a pretty big hotel so still a hotel wedding, but the property and setting were really nice. I think the hotel did the food which was good not great.

I went to another wedding of a CIA instructor at Mills Mansion. The wedding was outside on a sweeping lawn right above the Hudson. The reception was on the property or nextdoor at some sort of house, or large redone boathouse right down by the river. It wasn’t a big wedding, nor was the reception spot, and there was walking to get down there, but it’s a nice setting. I bet one could cater, but that food was done by CIA faculty and students.

Mark - a very good and very talented friend of mine does lighting for weddings in between NYC and the Berkshires, so right in the area you are talking about. If you do find a barn/outdoor space and want a lighting design recommendation, let me know. She is quite in demand.

You’re probably thinking of Mohonk Mountain House. Beautiful spot but very expensive.

Thanks, JG, Sarah, and Jay.

The Hudson Valley Wedding Industrial Complex is quite something.

We went to a Hudson Valley wedding at Red Maple Vineyard about three years ago. The wedding and reception were outside. Very pretty. Could see the river in the distance. Hard to get to for out of town guests, like us coming from DC.

We just returned last night from a lovely weekend that included a Saturday afternoon outdoor ceremony at Red Maple Vineyard— shivering, bare shouldered bride and bridesmaids hardly detracted from the glorious hilltop setting, which was followed by the (thankfully indoor) best event food and service we’ve ever had.