Biondi-Santi Now closed to public

Wanted to share a conversation I had (via email) with a representative from Biondi-Santi over the last couple days, for those interested. I reached out and asked for information regarding scheduling tours and tastings (their website hasnt been updated in a while). Below is the rest of the conversation (they are in italics and i’m bolded)

Greeting from Montalcino and thank you for your kind email.
We are delighted to know about your interest for Biondi-Santi Brunello di Montalcino. The winery is closed on week-ends and festivities.
The winery is closed to the public. We invite you to contact us in April 2018 to be updated about our new tour experience.

Private visit and tasting can be organised for wine business partners upon appointment coordinating the visit with our Italian or Export Commercial department.

Thank you in advance for your comprehension.

Am I understanding correctly that the winery is only doing business partner tours as a temporary practice, and after April will be open to the public for tours once again? I have heard such wonderful things about tours of your winery and would hate to miss it.

the management has to decide if we will be open to public or not
Actually I have no more info

The optimist in me hopes this is just a temporary thing and it will be all systems go again after April, but we’ll have to wait and see I guess. in the meantime, thought Berserkers planning trips to Montalcino would like the FYI.

I got the same exact response when I tried to set up a visit for March 2018. It was extremely disappointing news as I don’t know whether I’ll ever get the chance to go back. It is my understanding that the reason for this has to do with the sale to EPI.