Need food recs for Worcester MA

New Year, New Competition we will be in Worcester and Westborough areas of Mass for the weekend and 1/2 day in Boston. let me know if you have any recommendations for any of these areas. Thanks for any help offered.

If you like seafood, I can recommend The Sole Proprietor in Worcester, although its been more than 5 years since I’ve eaten there.

1 Like

Worcester is a fun beer town - Wormtown especially and armsby abbey.

Volturno has great napoletano pizza in worcester. in westborough, I really enjoy Dharani for south indian.

This is after the fact, but Dead Horse Hill if you’re ever back that way

Armsby Abbey in Worcester and Row 34 in Boston.

Had a very nice meal at Deadhorse Hill last night. Chef is apparently a Gramercy Tavern alum, and that definitely is reflected in the style of cooking (albeit much more generous portions here!). We had a really well balanced mozzarella salad with strawberries and arugula; and a half roast chicken on a lovely succotash that was cooked perfectly and very flavorful.
We were able to walk right in prime time on a summer Saturday night (not sure if that is the norm or not).
Half the restaurant has been converted to wine retail. Walked out with a few bottles of a surprisingly great Garganega from Veneto for $20 that they were pouting BTG. Wonderful pear blossom nose, but not at all sweet. Minerality and and a serious mouthfeel that reminded me of a Clos des Briords Muscadet.