A Wine Lovers Guide to Seattle

This is a really great guide for wine lovers in Seattle, or those visiting Seattle.

It used to be that to visit Tasting Rooms, you had to cross the bridge over to Woodinville area. That is no longer the case as more and more Tasting Rooms are opening in the Seattle side.

This guide features listings of Tasting Rooms, Restaurants and Lodging. A really great list.

http://www.winepressnw.com/2017/12/18/4156374_a-wine-lovers-guide-to-seattle.html?rh=1

I’m going to be in Seattle in April. I don’t expect to have much free time, but I will take a look at the link. Thank you!

It’s a good list of places to go, eat, stay. But it’s mostly a list, not a real guide. A guide would, IMHO, group the various wineries and tasting rooms by location. A visitor to the city doesn’t know where any of these places are. Maybe a map to accompany the listings? A wine lover’s guide would single out restaurants that have a wine focus or strengths (e.g. no corkage days, or older bottles on a reserve list, etc.). Cafe Munir in Ballard if you want Middle Eastern food?? Junebaby in Ravenna for southern comfort food?? Good places to eat, but I wouldn’t single them out as particularly noteworthy when it comes to wine. Plus it irks me when something that purports to be a reference guide instead of a one time puff-piece has several typos. NBD, but proof reading or an editor should catch this.