Cruise to San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Kitt.....

We have never been on a cruise before (ok, I was 27 years ago and there was a hurricane during the whole cruise, so that does not count).

We are doing a 7 day cruise out of Miami on 12/22/17.

Looking for suggestions on what to do on the 3 stops.

SJ: 3pm —> 11PM
ST & SK: 8AM ------> 5PM

Here is a link of what Celebrity equinox offers: https://webapps.celebritycruises.com/excursion-brochure/celebrity/excursions.php?ship=EQ&date=2017-12-23&currency=USD#KT58

Keeping in mind that with our bad backs, and my 2nd rotator cuff surgery just 2 months ago, we won’t be doing anything crazy or too difficult.

We go into the Pan Am port in SJ…and that is some distance to things, from what I read.

Just basically any ideas on what might be fun, and something not too physical.

And, for added extra credit, you can offer any information about the cruise ship that we can use to our advantage. We are about mid ship, 6th floor, with balcony and we have Open seating for dinner. Other than that, I have no clue what to expect.

We can bring ONE bottle of wine each.

check http://www.cruisecritic.com for info on your ship.

Above site is excellent.

in STT - not a great island IMO get to St John. You can take a taxi to the red hook ferry to St John. From there I would taxi to one of the closer beaches. Trunk is the most famous but gets very crowded. The snorkeling is great and very easy and close to shore. Keep in mind that St John was trashed by the hurricanes so not sure about the town but I hear the beaches are in good shape.

In Puerto Rico you have of course the historic old town. El Yunque rainforest is very beautiful. There is great hiking but it might be worth it just to rent a car and drive around and look at some of the waterfalls. The visitors center is very nice.

I have not been to St Kitts.

I would avoid any ship sponsored tour at all cost and do things on your own

On the boat make sure you use the speciality restaurants as much as possible. They are very, very good but fill up fast. The pool IMO is to be avoided.

I probably wouldn’t worry about bringing wine. The lists are good and affordable. Italians tend to be very inexpensive.

George

Jay: Thanks for the link. I see some great information here.

George: Thanks for all of that information. I’ll look into everything and come up with some questions. Much appreciated, as always.

Steve

Washington Post Travel section today had a feature on the VI. Islands are still coming together but St Thomas doing ok. Our friends on St Croix are just getting their power back.

Feel free to PM for Puerto Rico questions.