Barcelona restaurants ....no thread for awhile

Folks: Heading back to Barcelona next year and am looking for more advice. I don’t remember a “recent” thread on this great city.

Cheers!
Marshall [berserker.gif]

Busy watching Monday Night Football but a few that were memorable.
We had our first night dinner with Rudi. Highly recommended.

Cal Pep was my favorite tapas.
https://www.calpep.com/

We loved Inforrmal and it was an excellent value.

Caelis was also excellent.

I just got back from a couple weeks in Spain and checked out a few places new to me in Barcelona, and revisited some old favourites.

La Volatil is a natural wine bar with delicious food. The foraged mushrooms, seared foie, and egg yolk dish was amazing. Staff is super nice and they are open Sundays, which is a plus.

Mont Bar served up excellent food as well, my favourite dish being one with San Juan mushrooms (like chanterelles), crayfish roe custard, zucchini, lobster, and a mushroom-crayfish broth. Great wine list, but the place is really busy, so try for a reso if possible.

Montiel was okay - I had a great crudo served with a mustard ice cream. It was pretty dead on a Wednesday night. I originally planned on ordering the tasting menu, but it didn’t seem very interesting at all, so I just ordered a few things a la carte. I don’t think I’ll return.

Ten’s Tapas was awesome. Twelve (thirteen?) course tasting menu, very interesting wine list. This is Jordi Cruz’s place (his main restaurant, ABaC just received its third Michelin star a couple weeks ago). Love the whole menu with the exception of the cockscomb dish, but that’s on me because it’s a texture issue for me. I would gladly go back (and would like to dine at ABaC next time also, except that it’s location isn’t that convenient).

Other interesting/tasty places that I skipped this time due to time constraints - Eldiset and Bodega 1900. Disfrutar is awesome if you want an extended tasting menu.

Oh, and a winemaker suggested I check out Bar Gresca. I wasn’t happy with the service and it was way too rushed. Next courses coming out before the previous was finished. Maybe service next door at Gresca would have been better, but I won’t be back to either. The food was so-so also. Disappointing.

We had an excellent lunch back in May at a restaurant called Gorria.

Thanks! Keep ‘em coming! Disfrutar is definitely on my list!

Cheers!
Marshall

Lasarte

Do not miss Viana just off Las Ramblas and through the placa opposite the Western Union office. Small and superb. Chef also owns Tapas 24, worked at El Bulli.

Really liked the tasting menu with wine pairings at Montiel this summer. Fabulous meal.

Also enjoyed Informal.

I recall you mentioning the tasting menu at Montiel before I went on my trip in November. I made a reservation with the intention of having the tasting menu, but when I got there, it didn’t read very well or seem interesting, especially compared to Ten’s Tapas a couple nights earlier. I ordered a couple things a la carte that were pretty tasty, most of all the crudo with pink peppercorns and tiger milk ice cream.

Also, the restaurant was pretty much dead on a Wednesday night at 9:30pm through the time I left. Only two other tables were in use.

Bar Cañete is a must!

i had a great lunch at bar gresca a few weeks ago. the service was not great but was too slow if anything.