Vegas on a Budget

Hey All,

Going to Vegas in 2 weeks. Looking for some restaurant recommendations. We have some higher end dinner planned, but spending 6 nights in town and want some places that won’t break the bank. We are staying at the Bellagio and Four Seasons.

Thanks!

Aside from the usual suspects on the Strip, try Chinatown and surrounding areas. There are some innovative and very reasonable new places. On this board, you’ve hear about Chada and Chada Street (I prefer this one). Another new place getting rave reviews is Sparrow and Wolf; same general area. The chef used to work at prominent restaurants here. Finally, the “new” Lotus of Siam. It’s on East Flamingo about a mile from the Strip. You could walk it on a nice night. For Chinatown, you need Uber/Lyft, but it’s an easy ride. The Hard Rock has a new steak house by the Morton’s folks and there is a great Italian place (Ferraro’s) right across the street. Again, these are about a mile from the Strip.

Thanks!

Will look into these places

Any suggestions for restaurants near or on the strip?

echo & rig

I was going to mention Echo but it is a long way from where you are staying. The big attraction is largely free corkage, although you should ask if you make reservations. I usually buy a white off their list to placate them. If you don’t have a car, it’s a bit of a haul with Uber. Echo is in a mall called Tivoli Village on the west side of town. If you like Italian food, Ferraro’s is a good choice and they have an excellent Italian wine list. It’s only a mile or so from your hotels.

We think Sushi Roku in the Forum shops is as good as any of the hotel sushi spots and far more reasonable. Great stone crab or king crab (depending on season) lunch deal at joe’s Seafood…also in the Forum Shops. Outrageous breakfast or lunch at Hash House A Go-Go…not sure what its in these days on the Strip…maybe the Linq? We love Stripsteak at MB and they do some nice happy hour specials at the bar. SOHO sushi or Sushi Takashi…locals places, you need a cab or Uber.