Legendary Bordeaux Chateaus now open for meals and sleepovers

the correct link: Bloomberg - Are you a robot? … sleepovers

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-09-14/legendary-bordeaux-chateaux-are-now-open-for-meals-and-sleepovers

Thanks for inserting the correct link. I copied and pasted what i thought was good and after just now clicking on it find it is not. I`ll edit my post to refer to yours.

Pape Clément might be doable :slight_smile:

We had a nice stay at Pape Clement - our room was large and beautiful, but the bath was a bit dated. We had the run of the chateau in the evenings and enjoyed seeing the art and memorabilia. The hotel portion doesn’t coordinate well with the “wine” portion - so you’ll need to confirm in writing separate tastings, etc. They will do a private dinner in the chateau dining room - the food was good but not stellar- but the private server and the setting were worth it. There is limited staff, so don’t expect luxury hotel amenities and service.

We preferred our stay at Les Perdrix de Troplong Mondot - the suite was exceptional and modern. We had a large suite with living/dining and two bedrooms/baths overlooking the vineyards. Beautiful pool. The restaurant is exceptional - our favorite meal on the last trip including Michelin 3*. Again, limited staff available.

We enjoyed our lunch at Chateau La Dominique. The portions are very large and we probably could have gotten away with appetizers and dessert. The deck overlooking the winery and vineyards of Cheval Blanc is fun - and all kids enjoyed playing in the “grapes”.

One of our favorite trips was an overnight at Cos d’Estournel. It was not under the current program - but four of us stayed in the small two-bedroom guesthouse on property. The staff made us a wonderful multi-course lunch served with the 82 and 89 Cos. They left the leftovers as well as a large cheese board and another bottle of the 89 in the frig for us for dinner. There was also a humidor with cigars. A wonderful experience and definitely recommend if you receive a special offer.

Great feedback Lori. Thanks for doing this. It should be very helpful for me and others who plan to visit the area and stay at the Chateaus.

I love that they served you the 82 and 89` Cos. Both should have been phenomenal.