Copenhagen hotels

Will be there next summer… Lots of hotels. Looking for something unique, maybe boutique or any other options. Surprised by the prices and what you get for that. Would prefer not to spend $750 a night.

Any recommendations?

TIA,

George

I thought the 71 Nyhavn Hotel was very good.
For restaurants, check out Formel B. I thought it was outstanding, and the wine list is superb.

We stayed at Admiral Hotel - on water, few blocks from nyhavn/mermaid… initially we thought about 71 Nyhavn but opted for Admiral (I forget why)

Preferred Geranium over Noma for high end… relae solid, no. 2 was a nice surprise, kodbyens was major disappointment (due to dismal service)

Also stayed at the Admiral, nothing spectacular about the rooms, but a perfect location and very serviceable. Lovely back deck bar overlooking the harbor. Did not know of any boutique hotels in Copenhagen?

If you only need a clean room in a good part of town, the Copenhagen Wakeup Borgergade fits the bill-- Modern with no frills and a good deal.

I need a little more than a clean room. I was just surprised that the 5 star hotels are about $1K per night. Was looking for something similar but a little lower in cost.

George

I stayed at Hotel SP34 a year ago, good value for what it offers, just make sure to get the bigger room as they are rather small. But a nice modern scandinavian furnished hotel.

So I’m useless here and only checking in because I said I would :smiley:

My hotel ended up being a nice one (Kurhotel Skodsborg Hotel, Spa and Fitness - The Luxury of Simplicity)… but 43 km north of the airport and about 25 north of downtown. So, if you want to stay at a spa for 270 euros a night, it’s worth a look, but if you’re looking for downtown, I’d pass.

Thanks for the heads up. I just took a look at the pictures. My wife would kill me if I booked this place for our spring trip.

Good on ya’! [cheers.gif]

I live in Copenhagen so don’t stay much in hotels here but it happens. My wife and I have enjoyed Hotel Bella Sky (4-Star Copenhagen Airport Hotel | AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen) and Radisson Blu Royal (https://www.radissonblu.com/en/royalhotel-copenhagen/rooms).

Also my dad really likes Hotel Kong Arthur (Hotellet | Jazz og gammelt lærlingehjem | Hotel Kong Arthur) when he’s in town for a few days. Never stayed there myself.

Hope you find something you like.

Enjoy your stay [cheers.gif]