Beaune Restaurant open Wednesdays?

Starting to plan dinners on our trip to Italy and France, and running into some dead ends in Burgundy for a Wed night. Every place I’ve looked at so far is closed: Ma Cuisine, Dilettante, Maison du Colombier, Le Terroir (in Santenay, closed Wed in November). Any suggestions? Can drive outside of Beaune, though would prefer to stay in town.

Try https://www.aubergeduvieuxvigneron.com/. Wood fired grill, casual, small but interesting wine list. Easy 16 minute drive from Beaune.

Anthony, that looks great, thanks!

I had a terrific meal and nice wine at Clos du Cèdre a few weeks ago. Right on the Beaune circle. Hotel so should be open.

No one ever seems to recommend it but I enjoyed Le Bacchus on rue du Faubourg Madeleine. Casual with fantastic service.

Don’t know nights open, but check Aupres du Closur in Pommard. Also, le Chevreuil in Meursault (wine list at http://www.lechevreuil.fr/img/restaurant/carte-des-vins-chevreuil.pdf)

Auprés du Clocher would have been my rec as well but I believe they are closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I dined there for the first time a couple of weeks ago and except for a bit so-so main course (not bad, just not great either) I really loved it. The Époisses dessert was at least as good as advertised and the 2010 Coche Bourgogne Rouge an eye-opening experience.

Alan, a couple of other suggestions for you to consider.

Bresse chicken (for 2) at l’Bistro l’Hotel, Beaune would be my pick. You need to book. Traditional French cuisine. A deep, deep, but expensive wine list (unfortunately no longer on line). Or Millisime, Chambolle-Musigny, more funky, adventurous cuisine and a good, but not great, wine list.

I had a good meal at the near new Bistrot Lucien, if you’re prepared to drive the 30 odd kms to Gevrey Chambertin, but it was a young wine list when I was there. Chez Guy has a deep wine list that’s on-line.

In Beaune itself, I thought Le Caveau des Arches was very good with an excellent wine list and have liked l’Écusson a good bit, but it has been a while since I have been there and I think there have been ownership changes - not sure, but the new owners may have been in place the last time I was there (in 2011).

I’ll second that, had a really good meal there, was dining solo though.

Here are some pics…

Dave, great photos (and memories). I was last there in June 2016 …

My favorite in Beaune proper is les Jardins des Ramparts. (I’ve eaten at most of the others mentioned)

Top honors goes to Aupres du Clochers

(Haven’t been in 5 years though)

Thanks Barry. I’ve walked past that place so many times, but never eaten there. They are open Wed, and easy walk from our hotel, so might be a good choice. We’ve eaten at Aupres, loved it, but I think a second order of the Epoisses within 5 years might do us in :wink:

Thanks to others for the l’Hotel recs, we’ve eaten there before. Excellent food, but I tend to prefer just a little less formal.

Has anyone been to Caves Madeleine since Lolo left? Is it still good?

I was at Caves last week. The chef is actually the same chef (Lolo sold it to him). The food is great, but much fancier than the previous rustic fare.