Tokyo Hotel Recommendation

Near Ginza / Shibuya (based on other’s recos) for a family of 4. 4 to 5 star, close to good eating options. Have been looking at ANA Intercontinental but concerned that it might be a bit dated.

Interested in your thoughts. First visit.

Thanks,
Kent

A decade ago I stayed at the Royal Park in Shiodome and was able to walk to the Tsukiji fish market for breakfast many times. Loved it.

Thanks Todd. That was one that I had looked at.

7 days there, ate breakfast at the market 4 times. Regret not eating there the other 3…

Kent:

The Palace Hotel is nice. If you’re looking at the ANA, in the same neighborhood, you might consider The Capitol Hotel. There is also a new Andaz in Toranomon; haven’t stayed there but have heard it’s nice. Let us know when you’re here and whether you have time for a glass or two. Safe travels.

I highly recommend having a glass with Steve.

They all look good Steve. The Andaz may not be possible as my wife is terrified of heights. Checked into 35th floor of a hotel in Brisbane last year and she was on edge all night. Just want to be within walking distance of plenty of restaurants and of course shops for 'er indoors.
Woudl be good to catch up for a jar or two - will drop you a PM closer to the time.

The Palace is very, very nice. Also stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Ginza, which was perfectly acceptable and much cheaper. When we go back this fall, we’ll stay at the Palace again.

Thanks Randall.
Do you have any restaurant recommendations? From fancy to authentic?
Cheers,
kent

I had a great experience at the Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho last winter. The suite upgrade I received as a Starwood platinum member was possibly the best I’ve ever had.

I have an odd recommendation for Tokyo…

Gontran Cherrier French bakery had really great croissant and similar pastry. It’s just across from Shinjuku Station (southern terrace).