Buying Wine In Mexico

We’re taking our family to Tulum, Mexico to celebrate our 50th anniversary. I’m packing a couple of special bottles but will have to purchase most of my wine down there. I’ve heard Duty Free isn’t worth it. Does anyone have any experience buying wines in this area?
Thanks.

Been to Tulum 3 times. Never bought any wine. In that area. We have stopped here. https://www.costco.com/warehouse-locations/warehouse-712.html?storeId=10301&warehouseNumber=712. That worked out pretty well

I am sure you can find some but it’s not going to be easy. I would certainly worry about storage. There are a couple of places in Playa del Carmen on the way down.

Some friends went to the Noma dinner and brought everything with them.

Tequila rules the day in Mexico. :slight_smile:

George

Thanks for the info. George. We’re flying into Cancun and spending our first night in Playa. I may poke around there. Not worried about storage - we’re only going to be there a week. Looks Like Noma in Tulum closed May 28. If dinner was $600 a pop, I can’t imagine what your friend dropped for “everything”!

Ken - I didn’t mean the storage conditions after you bought the wine but before. Both in the store and during shipping. It is hot down there. :slight_smile:

George

DUH! Should have thought of that. My bad. [oops.gif]