Dining in Dubai with a Non-Wine Group

My Int’l study unit is coming up for my MBA, and the Cohort collectively decided to visit Dubai for a week and Mumbai for another week in September. We are free to do our own thing for most nights (and pay) so I was hoping for some suggestions.

For Dubai, we are staying at the Park Regis Kris Kin - our group will typically be 8+, so destinations close to the hotel are a positive: http://www.parkregiskriskin.ae

As per the thread title - most in our class are not big wine people, however we are spoiled living where we do - so quality food is appreciated. Honestly, good cocktails will be appreciated by most in the group more than wine.

I’m aware that alcohol is not an easy ask in this part of the world - in addition to a request for ‘authentic’ food…so I’m wide open to suggestions. Thanks!

I don’t know of your hotel. Looks to be in the old part of town. Dubai sprawls but taxis cost next to nothing.

I don’t get to Dubai very much but you might want to consider one of the ‘heritage’ events for local food an d an understanding of Bedouin culture (think rice and meat served sitting on mats on the floor). It will be dry though, no booze.

If that doesn’t appeal just book Nobu or Zuma or any of the million places in between.

Thanks Russell - is there any online resource that you’d recommend to do research?

Have a look at Time Out Dubai. It’s far from perfect though.

Great - thanks!

Russell - one last question. Now I’m starting to understand location - it looks like we a 20-30 minute drive from most of the recommended restaurants I’m finding. Taxi is the way to get around? Have you used Uber or another car service? Thanks again!

Taxis are everywhere and very cheap. 20 minutes under $15. Uber also pretty good in Dubai I think. Not used it in years there though.