Napa Hotels

Besides the Villagio and Meadowood what are some comparable places?

Auberge du Soleil
Solage
Andaz (downtown Napa, different amenities but a nice spot within walking distance to a lot of good stuff)
Napa River Inn (same idea as Andaz)
Carneros Inn

Cheers, been to Auberge for lunch, great setting. Will have to look into the others. Solage is an Auberge resort. How about the Poetry Inn?

Big fan of Wine Country Inn in St.Helena. Check out Trip Advisor . Not as fancy, however, of those places.

Thanks will check out the Wine Country Inn. No need for fancy places when you’re hardly in the room. Rather save the $$$ for wine and food!

I had a nice stay once at Southbridge in St. Helena. It’s owned by the Meadowood folks, but more reasonably priced and right in the center of town.

Thanks Alicia! It has to be good if it’s owned by Meadowood, will check it out!

I usually stay at the Marriott right outside of downtown Napa. Its close to the 29 to take you up or down the Valley, has decent rooms, a nice out door area with fire pits to bring a bottle out for a nightcap. The price is right, as it saves room on the AMEX for my indulgences while in the Valley.

I have stayed at the Bardessono in Yountville before if you want to step it up a couple notches. BEAUTIFUL resort and a two minute resort to all that is Yountville. The GF and I treated ourselves a couple years ago, stayed in a suite. It was next level

Thanks Brian. I prefer to stay close to Yountville and St Helena so I’ll look into Bardessono.

Sounds good, have fun.

I have also gone the AirBnB route up there and there are some nice places to be had, depending on availability, budget, etc.

Cheers!

We have stayed at Maison fleurie which is a b&b right next to bouchon. It was reasonable and quiet. I too would rather spend on food and wine

We stayed there too and enjoyed it, in fact we would recommend any of the Four Sister’s Inns in California.

Thanks, we’ll check it out, I like the location next to Bouchon!

I am booked at the recently opened Las Alcobas this fall. Not very many reviews as of yet, but it is in St. Helena adjacent to the Beringer vineyards.

Cheers, will look into Las Alcobas!

I looked into Las Alcobas & Bardessono, they are nice but quite pricey which is par for the course in Napa. While they may be a bit more upscale than the Vintage/Villagio these are less and are quite nice. I’m liking the Maison Fleurie which is even more reasonable. As I mentioned I do not want to spend a lot on a hotel when I’ll be out and about visiting wineries and having lunches and dinners. The location is great!
I’m going to try the Maison Fleurie!

A question to Timmy, how were the breakfasts?

Not Timmy, but we were just there about 60 days ago. Breakfasts consisted of something hot like a quiche, a baked good, like a fruit torte and then your typical cereals, oatmeal, fruits and such. Nice, but nothing too extraordinary. They also have a wine happy hour consisting of something usually dropped off by one of the local wineries. We had some great wines, all complimentary. The location is excellent. You can walk to everything in Yountville.

Thanks Michael. The breakfasts at the Villagio are great but I’m not that much of a breakfast guy but the wife enjoy’s it. So no eggs or omelets?

Yes can’t beat the location.

So you would definitely recommend it?

It’s almost half the price of the Villagio so we can forgo the eggs!